Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Leave the stripe off

Votes: 48 47.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

57dodged100

Reaction score
I'm just about finished with my '72 Plymouth Scamp. My final decision is regarding adding a bumblebee stripe. Another member suggested I post a poll about it. So, here it is. Below are 2 pics as the car is now, and 2 pics of what it might look like with a black bee stripe.

photo.JPG

photo%25202.JPG

photo%25201.JPG

photo+1.JPG

Yes - Add the stripe
No - Leave the stripe off

I love tail stripes but with your color combo I bout think I'd leave it off. But I wouldn't put body color wheels on it. I personally hardly EVER like body color wheels.

But then again... I just went back and looked at the pic shot from above and noticed that the tail stripe sorta brings the car together! You got the roof, wheels and grill black but nothing black out back... Adding the tail stripe wood sorta bring the whole thing together!! Hope that makes sense.

well nearly all darts have the stripe so i'm leaving the stripe off my '69.
but i like them both ways

I agree, Plymouth, No stripe. Would you put a Road Runner dust swirel stripe on a Dart?

no stripe its a plymouth... find a plymouth stripe pattern you like and play with that idea. my dart is basically the same color as your car and the only reason it has a stripe was to break up all the green. seems everything nowadays has a stripe around the back, i cant go a mile around my area and i see dodge trucks, ford trucks, chevy trucks and import trucks with a stripe on the back of them. makes me sick! if i had a black roof mine would have no stripe but i had to do something. Your car looks great just the way it is!

Attachments

• dart.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 430
No stripe cuz of the black top.If it were all one color then go with the stripe Ply. or not. Mine is a 71 in white and I'm gonna stripe it in black. But in the end it's your car and do what you want with it.

Jim

I always thought a 70 Duster 340 stripe would look cool on a Scamp. Maybe you could do a mock up the computer. No tail stripe. It's a Plymouth.

Plymouth shmymouth, who cares ... the cars look good with bumble bee stripes, I say stripe and a go wing !!

I agree with no stripe mainly because it is a Plymouth. The other reason is because its a scamp. A scamp was never intended to look like a duster or a swinger, its a scamp.

And last reason is because that is quite a beautiful car the way it is. I also agree that the body color wheels would make that a car that anyone would want to make a U-turn and come back for a closer look. :supz:

-
Back