Bumblebee stripe or not?

• Add the stripe

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Leave the stripe off

Votes: 48 47.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Ultimatley it matters little what we all think.. They Plymouth purists say no stripe, the tired of the stripe crowd say no stripe, and personally to me the black top makes no difference, my Dart has a blacked out hood, black vinyl top and I still went with a stripe.. because I like the stripe... Im a huge fan of the stripe.. That being said, my vote for your car is no stripe (and it has nothing to do with being a Plymouth.. I mean who cares, its not like the Plymouth police are gonna come after you LOL) but rather I just think you car looks sweet without it.. Im with abodyjoe tho, I'd go body color on the wheels with dog dish hub caps... Or at the very least get the hub caps... the plain black wheel doesnt do much for me..

But there again, its not my car.. If you like it, thats all that matters my friend.. At the end of the day the only one that has to be happy is you...

Since you asked.... No stripe, no wing! I have to also agree with other that the black wheels would have to go if it were my car. Body color or something????

It is a great looking mopar regardless of what you do! Drive on brother!

I personally would add the stripe. But that's my personal taste. In the end your the one who has to like the finished product.

No stripe and definatley not on those fugly body colored wheels.Lose the trim rings and add some dog dish caps and drive it.

Thank you all who took the time to respond to my post. It is interesting that a few more people voted FOR the stripe (in the poll) but the huge majority of the comments were AGAINST the stripe.

It is funny how project ideas change once they evolve from ideas in your head into something real you can look at. For about a year I had a mental image of the car with black grill, roof, wheels, and stripe. Once the car got to where it is now, I started second guessing the stripe and that is why I asked.

Good thing I didn't start a poll about the wheels. No doubt they would have been voted off!

Like many of you said...Since it is my car, I should do what I like. The truth is that I like the black wheels with chrome lugs and beauty rings. I will probably look to pick up some dog dish caps to give me some options. But the wheels will stay black.

But, for the forseeable future the car stays the way it is - wheels as they appear and WITHOUT the stripe!

I personally like the wheels :) on most cars I don't like steelies but they look good on yours!

I have a 71 Scamp, same paint color, same black vinyl top, black bullitt wheels. I went with the black stripe because it just made the car look more like a muscle car. No regrets

i say if you like the stripe then add a stripe, its YOUR car do what you want with it!!!!

I myself, like both ways....I follow, ro trend towards having the stripe but....thats me. this is your car, so...... I votes yes....But again, its your car, you do as you want and see that you'll like/enjoy the most.

-
Back