Bump stops?

-
No I'm not saying to raise the from end. I'm talking about the amount of front end rise you have when the car is launched. It has to do with weight transfer to the rearend. Every car is different, you need to experiment to see what makes your setup work.

no I know not "Raise" but the lower you lower the torsion bars the more room the nose has right? and you measure from the bottom of the K frame to right before the wheels are off the ground right?

so asked the Boss about this and here is what he said...

it is necessary for a leaf spring car to have 4-5" of front wend travel to allow the weight to transfer. with a linked or ladder bar car you dont need as much travel up front due to the fact that by changing the bar angle you effectively change the weight bias...

with the leafs all they do is plant the rear tires, the front end HAS to come up to get weight transfer...

on the landy car and norms he runs the Caltracs

i cant afford them so i run the CE's lol

Well on my 71 Scamp I ran 002 and 003 SS springs. Lift has more to do with front to rear weight distribution. The Scamp front axle weight was 1700, rear was 1580. That is 52% front 48% in the back.

no I know not "Raise" but the lower you lower the torsion bars the more room the nose has right? and you measure from the bottom of the K frame to right before the wheels are off the ground right?

Yes and no, I never considered the amount of Rise I had but the amount I needed to get the best results. IE 60'times. In my case by use all thread rod where the upper bump stop was I could play with the amount of rise to see what worked the best. In my case about 2" was best.

-
Back