Separate names with a comma.
small bait catches small fish. lol.
Sorry to read and see this Bill. But it is also good to hear that you have or are getting all the parts to fix it up quick. Good luck and take some pics. I love before and after pics. Jack
Shop instructor I had always made us have a fire extinguisher in hand when we fire engine for first time and anytime we worked on fuel systems. I keep a couple in the shop and one in the car. I hate to see that damage but at least you save the car and shop and didn't get hurt. Good Luck getting it fixed. No matter how old we get we all have those senior moments. I seem to have more every day LOL.
back in the day it was common to have a fire extinguisher bolted in your car we liked the look ...I am putting one back in!
Jack, I was lucky in a lot of respects... the only real damage was to bolt-on parts and wiring. The bolt-on parts are easy to replace, (obtain,) and the wiring was available from Evans in Pennsylvania, so it's just a matter of cleaning up the mess and bolting on the new parts... Thanks for your concern,
Thanks for the support; I guess, at 74, I can be expected to have some "senior moments," but they seem to be increasing in frequency and intensity, lately... It'll probably get worse before it gets better... :banghead:
Damn that sucks! If it makes you feel any better sunday while at the drags my turbo made some funny noises. I got back to the pits and noticed some of my wiring coming out of the turbo inlet. Realized I forgot to plug in the headlight plug and the turbo sucked it in destroying the compressor wheel on a 3500 dollar turbo. Plus all the bits went right into the motor.. No intercooler... Motor seems fine.. turbo not so much its going to precision for a rebuild.
Damn that sucks!!! Looks a lot worse than when mine went up.
All I can say Bill is DOH!!! been lucky no fuel fire so far but my trans dipstick keeps getting run over in the driveway , and I'm only fifty lol
A $3,500.00 turbo.... in my dreams! Sorry that happened to you. My carnage will total out about $800.00 if I don't discover any additional problems, always a real possibility. You may have lucked out on the motor... hope so!!!:cheers:
"and, I'm only fifty" HELL, I can't even REMEMBER "fifty"...disgust JUST WAIT!!!!
Well, it burned for over five minutes 'til it dawned on the moron, here, that the fuel pump was still on and spraying gas all over the engine (couldn't see it for the flames.) Melted the rear float bowl right off the carb... Glad yours wasn't as bad!
yikes! that stinks. we fired my valiant up for the first time this weekend and almost had a similar issue. one of the -6 stainless lines I reused from my other car sprung a leak mid line. was fine a year or so ago on the Dart but it was dripping a drop or 3 every few seconds. right on my alternator ( that I forgot to tighten the battery cable on ). I was lucky the couple sparks it had didn't start the car on fire.
Well, I'm glad your setup didn't suffer the same tragic circumstances mine did. I ordered the last of the replacement parts for this turkey, today ( a windshield-wiper harness... didn't know there was such a thing!) , and should have it running in a week or two. The burnt-up wiring is the most confusing, time-consuming part. Yes, I have a factory parts manual with a wiring diagram, but I am not an electrical engineer, so it's hard for me to read. I just fly around like a bat in a room with no windows... LOL!
My wife asked what was so funny when I saw this. I know that feeling.
Holy Flameout Batman! Very sorry to see this. I had something like this happen to me at the Mopar Nats a few years ago. I had my car go totally black (no power, just dead) on Brice road. I jumped out of the car to check it out as going dead is usually a bad thing. I was looking under the car at the battery cables going to the trunk when somebody said you've got a fire under the hood. I hurried to remove the Dzus fasteners and remove the hood and almost had a guy break my hood by trying to lift it off before all of the fasteners were removed. I saw that it was a relatively small fire so I went to get a bottle of water I had in the car when Smokey The Bear with his new fire extinguisher blasted my engine compartment with white dust......and then the rain started LOL. Anyway it turns out that the Lokar branded steel cable I had rubbed against the main power wire (on the wrong side of the fuseable link) and set the harness on fire. Just like you I had to replace it. I feel your pain man. Good luck.
Wow! Very sorry to see that. If you need something, let me know & I'll see what I have.
Thanks, Mike, but I have everything here to fix it.... just have been too &^%$#@$^&!!!! busy with the turbo slant six car's problems to work on it. But, the slant six car is almost finished, so I'll have some time to repair the V8 car, now,I think. Thanks for the kind words, everyone!!!! :thumblef:
Yeah, it was a real lesson in "pay attention to what you're DOING, idiot!!!" I don't think I'll make THAT mistake again... :violent1:
that sucks bill........sorry. higgs
The important thing is that you are alright. Burns are one of the most painful injuries. Maybe that's why Hell is pictured as such. I recently watched "The Great Waldo Pepper". No spoiler here but the fire scene..............................................., oh my.
The way it happened, I was never in any danger. Just a bruised ego, and a severely-damaged wallet... (about $800.00-worth.) and, I'll get over that.ops: Thanks for the empathy...
Just another wrinkle on the raisin of life, Higgs... lol!