Bushed Lifter bores

-

HuntedDuckV351

Reaction score
Just got my block back from getting the lifters bores bushed. .040 feed hole in the bushings. Next up is to pick the solid roller lifter.

20231221_151257.jpg

20231221_151308.jpg

20231221_151314.jpg

Good choice Norm. How big is the wheel?

I called them and asked what the wheel size is. I didn't write it down. But I remember it being the same size as my discontinued Crane lifters which Yellow Rose suggested when I asked him his preference.

I'll call them tomorrow as I had them shipped to my builder.

What shop is doing your bushings?
I'm not even sure but my builder is in Lake of the Ozarks area and he is well known for building 340 race engines, I don't question who he uses.
I checked a few local shops and was not comfortable enough to leave it up to them. I am in the Loveland area. I know ridge reamers in Arvada are well known and are able to do it.

PM me if you would like more information.

Thanks

I am having mine bushed also. I went with these lifters.Mechanical Roller Lifters - Small Block Chrysler (273-360) | Borowski Race Engines

I went with the bronze bushings instead of needle bearings.

I couldn’t find any negative information on them or any reason not to buy them.
Their customer service was top notch.
I was looking at those lifters. I believe they have the .810 wheel. What size csm are you going to run? Which heads are you going to be running?

This is a 416 build with Indy 360-1 heads. I have a Edelbrock tunnel ram with two 660 center squirter carbs.
I’m leaving the cam choice up to the builder but the last one is a custom grind I’ll post the cam card.
This should be more of a cam with this build.

I see it’s not easy to read. I’ll post the specs. This is in a stock stroke 340 with Edelbrock heads, tunnel ram 11.3:1 compression at 5K ft. 400 HP / 400 Tq

Lift Int. .544 Exh .525
Duration @ .020 Int 259 Exh 275
separation 111.0

IMG_9464.png

Last edited:
This is a 416 build with Indy 360-1 heads. I have a Edelbrock tunnel ram with two 660 center squirter carbs.
I’m leaving the cam choice up to the builder but the last one is a custom grind I’ll post the cam card.
This should be more of a cam with this build.

I see it’s not easy to read. I’ll post the specs. This is in a stock stroke 340 with Edelbrock heads, tunnel ram 11.3:1 compression at 5K ft. 400 HP / 400 Tq

Lift Int. .544 Exh .525
Duration @ .020 Int 259 Exh 275
separation 111.0

View attachment 1716181444
Should.make some good power with the -1s and tunnel ram. I currently am running a roller with .660 lift but looking to up it to .700

I hope so, (power). The Edelbrock heads are limited for lift . Now the Indy’s, that’s a different story and they are ported by Indy.
The current 340 made 400/400 with an airgap and 650 carb just for dyno time.
The 416 will have the tunnel ram on the dyno.
Looking forward to the results.
Installed frame connectors just in case.

I called them and asked what the wheel size is. I didn't write it down. But I remember it being the same size as my discontinued Crane lifters which Yellow Rose suggested when I asked him his preference.

I'll call them tomorrow as I had them shipped to my builder.
I agree on the .810 wheel reply.
Frame connectors are always a good idea IMO.
I called a few places and I wasn’t having the warm fuzzy feelings talking with them ether. Just a joy of taking my money. I was simply looking for a boring/torque hone plate and making sure of other small HP build practices were employed for my SBM build. I’m not so inclined to give such shops that make blow off sounds when I make my list of needed procedures & given an excuse of why it’s not needed or it doesn’t help make power.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm - NO! Have a great day, bye!

It’s the little things that add up for the important things like edging out a similar build in power and lasting longer, running smoother, etc….

Nice work - Replicaracer (member) going to bush mine and do all machine work he is
Top SHELF and not to far away.

You are fortunate to have someone close that is as good as he is!
I wanted to tube a 360 a few years ago but never saw it done and didn’t want to mess it up.

How much did it cost? I just had my 340 block checked and it passed everything but the lifter bores are pitted. I need to check what other people are paying...

How much did it cost? I just had my 340 block checked and it passed everything but the lifter bores are pitted. I need to check what other people are paying...
I had mine done at Nyes Racing engines in Muncie, Indiana.....give them a call...was done on a Rottler CNC.

For you guys that have bushed your lifter bores do you still restrict the oil to the drivers side?

The lifter bores in my 273 are bushed because one was wallowed out. There's a .040 hole drilled in each bushing to oil the lifters. That hole is itty bitty compared to the ginormous factory holes to oil the lifters, but they provide more than enough oil to the Morel hydraulic roller lifters.

-
Back