Buy a 4 dr sleeper valiant or not?

-

BigEdsGarage

Reaction score
Had a great offer to buy my friends 68 Valiant. Heres the lowdown. Its got a new 360/380 hp longblock with newer heads, nice intake, hookers, all new good quality parts, mild 727, 3:91 SG 8 3/4, all new suspension front and rear, large pattern brakes, body is super clean and interior is very nice. Here is the problem, its a 4 dr car. The same motor went 13.30s in his 67 Coronet with a 3:23 open diff. I am sure this thing will run well into the 12's. Price is right and the car honks. I am having these twisted thoughts of buying the thing, running a quiet exhaust and leaving the dog dishes in place (oh yeah, its pale yellow also) just for shizits and giggles. He is moving and wants to get rid of the thing quick....should I do it or not? Its a sweet deal that is hard to say no too, but a 4 dr?

Adam, you might know the car, he is also from Danbury.

BUY IT and tear up Fords and Chevys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will love the looks on there faces when they get whipped by a 4 door!

buy it.. at the very least you can put the drivetrain into a 2 door if you don't like the 4 dr.

abodyjoe said:
buy it.. at the very least you can put the drivetrain into a 2 door if you don't like the 4 dr.

I agree with Joe. :thumleft:

I know the drivetrain would be a great swap if a nice 2 dr A body came along but I kinda like the sleeper appeal. This thing is just plain cool the way it is. Pale yellow and black with skinny tires and dog dishes, looks like it just came out of your grandfathers garage, start it up and Holy Shizit there is a .484 purple shaft popping away under the stock hood. I just get all giggly thinking about this thing. What the hell is wrong with me? I would probably even put on some stock looking whitewalls on it to really goof on people.

Ed,
If you feel that way about it you answered your own question.
Go for it. Few things in life make us feel that way! :thumrigh:

You can be Dennis Weaver in the old 70's movie "Duel"! If he
had that motor combo he could have been out of the
state before that dang truck made it down the mountain!!
Like the idea of skinny tires but leave blackwalls out 8)

that valiant is light yellow in color........saw it a few times this summer......black steelies with dog dishes...............it would look like more of a sleeper if it sat a little lower in the back and had a narrower wheel........i like it :D

Yup I saw it once. Passed him while I was driving the Cuda. Sounded pretty good. It was a cool little car. I saw go for it.

Thats the one Rory. It could be made more subtle with little effort. I'm gonna stop by his shop on Monday to get an update...maybe the price has dropped if he closed on his new house :mrgreen:

I'll have to throw a couple of car seats in the back for the girls and get a plastic Virgin Mary for the dash...LOL

-
Back