Buying American=American Pride

-

Racingduster

Certified Welder
Reaction score
The wife and I work at a Caterpillar factory. We build the equipment that builds/rebuilds roads.

A customer purchased this RM machine and had it sent out to get a custom paint job. He brought it back to the plant to have all of the workers sign it cause he was VERY happy on how it was built! There was a lot of talk about American Pride that day

I dont know who the customer is or where its gonna be in use.

But I thought that I would share these pics for the rest of you guys to see.

ITS COOL!

Attachments

• IMAG0058.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 403
  • IMAG0057.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 388
Looks great! And speaking of American pride, I noticed the jar of pickles that used to be made locally is now made in India! I guess I will be looking for another brand.

That is a beauty. Caterpillar is building a plant here in Winston Salem NC and I have been trying to get my son to enroll in the community college that is handling all the classes. Can't get him to do it.

USA USA !!!! Thanks for the thread. We should paint our commercial airliners that way.

Is that a Ford F-teenthousand50?

Kidding.. :)

Do you mind if I copy and paste those pictures to my facebox ?

Great designs and great equipment.Don't know why we need equipment from over the pond!

I work at a recycling plant which is under the 4th set of owners since I started in '92. In '93, the owners at that time bought a Cat 950 bucket loader. It's seen a lot of hard use since then often running 3 shifts a day and just it turned over 40,000 hrs of operation! It's had a couple of heart transplants , at least 2 trannys, a center pin replacement as well as other repairs from normal use and wear. We also have a Cat 938 loader. The current owners buy mostly Volvos' for bucket loaders. I've operated both. But when I have my choice, which is most of the time since I'm a supervisor, I'll take the Cats any day over those other things. And most of the time I'm in the 950. It still has the power I need to move the material and I just feel more comfortable operating that machine! They had talked about replacing it with a new machine but I just don't see the need 'cause this thing still has what it takes to get the job done!!!

That is so cool :hello2:and thank you for sharing this with us today :blob:
I just looked at my Strawberry plants a Company in Canada and American made :toothy4:and The wife and I try and buy everything we can made in America
The microwave and blender was made over the pond because we could not find one made in the USA. :-x
Yes do what you can and buy usa made :wav:

Alot of "little" people can do Big things. Keep buying american made when ever possible. It helps to make a statement!

Ordered a pinion set up kit with all the bearings from NAPA. I was assured that all the bearings were US made. The kit came in a few days later and the bearings were all Koyo's, made in Japan. Told them to keep it and bought a set with US made Timkins.

I remember back in the late 70's and early 80's when you would see comercials asking you to buy American. Now our population seems to be so woried about falling in to line with globalization and posibly upsetting some people that they wouldn't dare to run those kind of commercials. I'm glad to see there are still a few of us around that try to buy American as much as possible and are still proud to see others do it as well.

[FONT=verdana,arial]Honda Civic • All Honda Civics are built in Marysville, Ohio. Honda.com - the official site for Honda cars, motorcycles, personal watercraft, ATVs, engines, generators, marine motors, and Acura cars. Read about Honda history or jump to any of our web sites to find out more information about Honda products. • 04/21/2000 • www.honda.com [0][/FONT]

interesting. so i'm better off buying a new civic then a lot of chryslers that are built in mexico and canada.

RacingDuster : Congratulations to you and your fellow line workers :thumbrig: \\:D/ . Sounds like a cool paving company !

AbodyJoe : You're 100% right regarding the whole " ... were the shoelaces installed here ? ... " ( to paraphrase ) deal .

Hopefully , "U.S.A." doesn't turn from United States of America to United States of Asia :ncool: ...

The *only* problem I have with the whole "Buy American" assertion is this : how many of the items which profess to be made here , are actually made / assembled by United States citizens ???

assembled in the usa. what they put the laces in here?

Joe,

It's still a job here in America. I don't mean to call you out, but please explain why you think these jobs are any less valuable than the ones the Japanese auto makers are providing here.

interesting. so i'm better off buying a new civic then a lot of chryslers that are built in mexico and canada.

Hell no.The profit is still leaving america. If less people bought foreign badged cars Detroit could make a comeback. The money would stay in america. Very cool equipment picture by the way. I would love to be the operator. Unfortunately an illegal alien will probably be on it. Have you looked at road construction crews lately.

RacingDuster : Congratulations to you and your fellow line workers :thumbrig: \\:D/ . Sounds like a cool paving company !

AbodyJoe : You're 100% right regarding the whole " ... were the shoelaces installed here ? ... " ( to paraphrase ) deal .

Hopefully , "U.S.A." doesn't turn from United States of America to United States of Asia :ncool: ...

The *only* problem I have with the whole "Buy American" assertion is this : how many of the items which profess to be made here , are actually made / assembled by United States citizens ???

Its a ***** of a situation. Made here. Assembled here. US cars made in Mexico. Fords with 60+% foreign parts. Hondas assembled here profit going overseas. Everyone buying 90+% Chinese. I build computers from time to time and good luck getting any USA made parts. Hell most this country is probably owned by the Chinese and the Japanese as they have been buying us up since the 70s, and we still give them free foreign aid! Trade em some aid! Get our country back.

I think that we simply have to continually raise hell about buying and hiring USA until the marketers and manufacturers realize that there is a reason to suite the Made in USA concept.

I agree there used to be the Made in USA advertising on TV. We need to bring this country back!

American pride has all but vanished in this country. It is a complete and total tragedy that sucks ***.

Like said above lots of little people can do a big thing. All it requires is lots of little people with one joined effort and goal who continually take action!

Now, who wants to join on a committee to form a plan and take action to get the USA back in the hands the red blooded hard working Americans?

You can always get the Hemi Challenger. Those are sweet.

motor built in mexico and car built in mexico or canada and part of he profits go to italy. but i guess its ok if you buy a foreign mopar. it amazed me as to how many people bitched about someone buying say a toyota because it was foreign even though some are built here. the problem was the profits were going to japan. yet chrysler between 98 and 08 was totally a german car. nothing american about it profits going to germany. but it said dodge on it so it was ok
jerkoff2.gif
. and now that fiat owns a cunk of chrysler mopar guys can't wait tillt he fiat 500 comes to america? what!? there is nothing american about that car or a bunch of chryslers line up.

-
Back