buying rechromed bumpers on ebay...

-
There was another member on the forum that bought a 1968 Dart new rear bumper triple chrome from ebay. He was very happy with the quality for the price. I questioned him on the quality. My understanding was maybe not an A+ show quality but very nice A+ driver quality bumper and finish for the price.

Think it was an AMD bumper. Maybe not the same seller but I remember the bumper was from AMD. It appears the one you linked is also manufactured by AMD.

I would ask if it is AMD cause if they are I think you'd be happy with them I could not find new bumpers for my Duster at a reasonable price, and to have mine rechromed was way more than I wanted to spend, more than the $530.00 your looking at anyway, so I put fiberglas on mine, they will be fine unless I hit something......

I just bought an AMD 68 Dart rear bumper. It was $269 Delivered, off ebay.
I dont know how it compairs to one thats been rechromed by one of the high end shops cause I have not seen their work, but I am very happy with the look of the AMD bumper that I bought.
It looks 100% better than the 40 year old chrome that was on my original, and way cheaper than sending mine out to be rechromed.

Attachments

• S5003227.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 332
  • S5003229.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 316
I dont know how it compairs to one thats been rechromed by one of the high end shops cause I have not seen their work, but I am very happy with the look of the AMD bumper that I bought.
It looks 100% better than the 40 year old chrome that was on my original, and way cheaper than sending mine out to be rechromed.

Wow! It looks great, i sure hope it fits as good as it looks.

Anyone ever do this? It is a red flag to me because here in Wisconsin, they want $490 for just the rear at a good place about 3 hours from me. I am looking at probably a grand to do the front and rear 70 bumpers on my 72 Dart.

This looks like a great deal...Supposedly triple plated...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

remember 1 thing with chrome ITS NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE TO DAY ITS WHAT WILL IT LOOK LIKE 5 YEARS OR SO FROM NOW and what is the warranty check out a place called Pauls chrome in PA you may pay a little more for his work but he is one of the best and his warranty is lifetime

that makes me feel good!
I ordered front and rear for my valiant last week, $800 and change delivered to hawaii. seeing yours helps with the hurtin my wallet took.

remember 1 thing with chrome ITS NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE TO DAY ITS WHAT WILL IT LOOK LIKE 5 YEARS OR SO FROM NOW and what is the warranty check out a place called Pauls chrome in PA you may pay a little more for his work but he is one of the best and his warranty is lifetime

I agree 100%. This company that is selling the bumpers from AMD has a lifetime warranty on the bumpers!

I got a 1978 Magnum bumper off ebay last year, price was great. It was re chrome back in the early 80's and sat at some dealership cause it wasn't perfect. I thought it look great. My buddies thought it look great also, now some old guy at a chrome shop was saying how it was chrome over the old chrome but i don't see the harm..sure beats these new bumpers on the $40,000 cars today !

The thing I was told to look for (after the fact) was "SHOW CHROME" !! It is triple coated (3 stages) Copper,Nickel then Chrome !!2 stages and it won't last for shitt !!Yes I learned from experience !!

-
Back