Buying Stocks?

-

Small Block

Reaction score
I jack around with the stuff and if i were to apply myself i could make a ton of money, at least that's my opinion. Is anyone else on here that plays with the stocks? Maybe we can compare notes and trade info on stuff that we think will do good. Let me know if you play with em. I'm a short term guy so if you aint talking 50% in a couple of months then you dont have my attention. How about short trading? More stocks go down than go up. Thanks
Small Block

I try I'm jusst not very good at it. I've thought a couple of time that I had found some winner, some I invested in some I didn't, and after watching I found out I have no clue. It is fun to do though.

I Did Ok On Ford, Bought It Around 2 And Its In The 12 Area. I Also Like To Fool Around With Gold Penny Stocks. Some Are .0001 And Can Either Go Up And Make A Lot Of Money Or Go Bankrupt. Penny Stock Are All A Gamble But There Is Much More Chance Of Getting Rich Than Playing The Lottery. You Have To Be Able To Sell In A Hurry. I Have No Doubt That Within A Few Years There Will Be A Crash That Makes The Last One Look Mild.

I Did Ok On Ford, Bought It Around 2 And Its In The 12 Area. I Also Like To Fool Around With Gold Penny Stocks. Some Are .0001 And Can Either Go Up And Make A Lot Of Money Or Go Bankrupt. Penny Stock Are All A Gamble But There Is Much More Chance Of Getting Rich Than Playing The Lottery. You Have To Be Able To Sell In A Hurry. I Have No Doubt That Within A Few Years There Will Be A Crash That Makes The Last One Look Mild.

Good advice and good clairvoyance stan. You are right.
I dont think anyone realizes that things are doing to double dip very soon.

Energy stocks will be good. Drug company stocks have been good, but are a crapshoot as of late, and anything in "defense" is a big winner and in the near future will return a high yield.

I don't buy and sell but I do follow the ticker tapes. I let the wife do the actual buying and selling. I just let her know what I think.

I figure Toyota is going to be a good investment in the not to distant future. The stock is going to go down for a while yet until this recall business is done with. At the first sign of it going back up I would buy into it. There could be a lot of money to be made there in the next 24 to 36 months.

Jack

I don't buy and sell but I do follow the ticker tapes. I let the wife do the actual buying and selling. I just let her know what I think.

I figure Toyota is going to be a good investment in the not to distant future. The stock is going to go down for a while yet until this recall business is done with. At the first sign of it going back up I would buy into it. There could be a lot of money to be made there in the next 24 to 36 months.

Jack

Yep Toyota will be the biggest winner in the end of all this. Many of those who have worked for a dealership know that it's the service department that pays the light bill and such to keep the doors open.
Our government helped Toyota sell many new cars with the Cash For Clunkers program. Fast forward to today and nobody is selling anything. All dealerships are struggling except Toyota. Their service departments are working extended hours.
Imagine what if... What if Toyotas problems were revealed before the Cash For Clunkers Program ?

Bill, I have money in the market but am smart enough to let my buddy handle it for me. I have known him and gone to church with him for years. He handled my mother's investments after my father passed. So far he has done very well for us!!

He comes to me when he needs dents taken out of his car, I let him do what he is trained to do.

My son is a day trader. He spends about 4 hrs a day on the computer, starting at 5:30 am. It's way to complicated for me. he tried to explain what he does but i don't get most of it. Last oct. he made 40,000 and in nov. he lost 30,000. but all in all he does alright. He said ford from 1.00 to 12.00 in 11 months was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Good Luck!

I like to look at patterns. For instance. I take the WSJ and you can find the biggest % gainers for the day. Check em out the very next day. Did they go down or up. A stock that goes up 70% in one day wont do it twice. Or will it? It takes some studying but for those that are willing to study and keep charts and keep track of what's happening they can do good. I personally think there is a lot of money to be made selling stocks that you dont own. This is called a "Short" position. I think more stocks go down thatn thos ethat go up.
Small Block

-
Back