Bye-Bye Al-Anabi - Maybe For Good This Time!!!

-
Speaking of funding I read that JFR lost $14 million in funding when GTX and Ford pulled out of racing. That is crazy! I wonder what that teams total budget is? :wack:

I'm sure that it is an absolutely obscene amount!! :wack:

It has spiraled completely out of control. A far cry from when a guy with modest resources could be competitive at that level. Now those guys (like "The Greek", etc.) are brought in to fill out the field and be nothing more than cannon fodder for the multi-million dollar boys. :violent2:

In the future it will get tougher to have a full field in the pro ranks. Pro stock has lost a few Warren and Kurt Johnson, Mike Edwards. Its getting tougher for NHRA to sell out events. They priced me out of top eliminator club tickets for the Gators ( close to $800 for a pair. I have a couple friends that still get them and may pay them for one day or go for general admission on Friday. NHRA should try more reunion events or go back to quarter mile and make fuel guys run one mag and one fuel pump and limit the number of teams one owner can field. This might reduce cost and get more fuel teams out there and it would be more about tuning and less oil downs. Never happen but thats what I would like to see!

-
Back