C body Big Block Manifolds, 69 383 Dart

-

Max Max Wedge

Reaction score
How well would a set of mid 60 to early 70 big block C body manifolds fit a 69 383 dart? Car is a 4 spd.

.........They work great if they r the hp variety, logs will also work, b sure 2 angle mill the ds 1 /16..........kim.........

Left side wont fit. It dumps to the side... at the steering shaft. RH is the same. There is a company cutting off the flange and welding a peice of tubing there to clear the shaft and the steering column collar. Cool looking part.

The HPs won't fit without the angle mill.

they won't ? that's odd , I installed a 69 C barge HP manifold on my 69 with factory K , not a DC K , and a 383 and though I didn't try to make a headpipe , it looked like it would clear with a dimple in the headpipe ? But I can see the angle mill helping that out , considering every 35 yr old plus HP manifold I have bought has needed to be planed because they are warped , it's probaly a good idea to get that one angled ...

Yeah, the one I mocked up would not have been ablt to accept a pipe as the steering column was right in the middle of where the pipe would come out and not enough room for a quick bend. I gave up on the plan and just put the B-body manifolds in.

Yeah, the one I mocked up would not have been ablt to accept a pipe as the steering column was right in the middle of where the pipe would come out and not enough room for a quick bend. I gave up on the plan and just put the B-body manifolds in.

what K were you using ?

when I'm able to get back under my hood I'll drop on a head and the manifold and snap a few pics , looked like there was plenty of room as I remember.

...... I have used C body manis on more than 10 383-400 builds......every car is different......some clear without even milling at all.....and yes some r a pain.......i have used mostly 2 1/2 head pipes.........'...........kim......

-
Back