C-Body Disc's

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Ok this may be way out there but will a early 70's C-body disc setup fit a 72 Duster? Just wandering cause I have a setup sitting in my garage.

If You Had The Correct A/b Body Upper Control Arm, Then The'center Guts ' Should Work, I Have Used The Rotors/calipers/brake Line/brackets From C-bodies Before, I Know There Will Be Guys That Say It Wont Work But Just Measure Everthing And Double Chk, I Have Done This On A-bodies And A 63 Dodge [b-body] Not Looking To Get Into Arguements Over This But Like I Said Just Measure And Chk It All 1st And See If It Will Work....just My 2 Cents Worth

The reason I was wandering was that I can sell them for what I have in them and buy a complete setup from a local yard for about $125. They have several dozen A bodies with discs.

Sell the C body stuff to someone who has a C body and buy A body brakes. The C body stuff won't fit on your car.

Some of the info you've linked to on that page isn't very good. For instance, the part that talks about putting C body stuff onto an A body car is technically correct but practically useless. After you go to all the work of re-machining the lower control arm to accept the C body ball joint now you have a big giant C body steering arm on there. With the stock pittman arm on the steering box you'll have a 100 foot turning radius.

Some of the information in that original Mopar Suspension book was strange. For instance, the whole section on welding up the upper control arms for the bigger ball joints never made any sense because a person could just bolt in late model a-arms.

-
Back