cal tracks

-
hi, remove any preload, then remove bolt that lays on top of spring. then it will work like a street suspension,

I was wondering this myself.
What about if your running the monoleafs with them? Are these softer than regular leafs? Are these going to be too soft if you happen to have someone in the backseat?

perfacar said:
hi, remove any preload, then remove bolt that lays on top of spring. then it will work like a street suspension,

Just a question here, but if you remove the bolt that lays on top of the spring, haven't you just negated the total effect of the CalTracs? The whole idea of the bolt is to keep the forward segment of the leaf spring from arching upward under hard acceleration, thus keeping tension to plant the tires. If you remove that bolt, then all you have left is an adjustable rod between the lower spring mount and the front mount of the spring.
I think if you put a piece of rubber hose over that upper bolt, and just had it barely touching the spring, you would have a quiet yet usable traction device for street use.
Any and all comments on this idea are welcome. :thumbup:

They hit harder with less preload, and have no effect on suspension travel under any circumstances. I run mine sugged right up for normal driving, don't even know they are there.

And yes, taking them apart wouldn't do much good for anything except giving you a few pound of steel to drag around under your chassis.

Ace said:
They hit harder with less preload, and have no effect on suspension travel under any circumstances. I run mine sugged right up for normal driving, don't even know they are there.

And yes, taking them apart wouldn't do much good for anything except giving you a few pound of steel to drag around under your chassis.

This from a guy who DOES NOT even posess/own caltracs, he has redneckwilly homemade suspension parts, which BTW, if ya hadn't seen the pictures he posted, here is the front part of one of his bars, take note of the cast iron plumbing fitting. "Yup, dat der iz sum eginneering. Yuk yuk!":sign6:
http://66.17.171.114/PhotoAlbum/Cars/Pics/duster_43.jpg

Wonder how long till he takes this pic off his photo album, no problem though, I have a screen shot that verifies it's his, so I can put it back up for all to see if he does.:thumbup:

Awwwwwwwww, how's it feel to have someone bag on you? Not nice is it? To bad you make it SOoooooooooooooo easy. Maybe you will learn to quit acting like a :tool:.

My apoligies to everyone else, original poster and all who offeredd him "real" advice, after recent comments by this particular chump, I figured I better respond here and prevent him from posting "spin" so I had to "call him" on it. :thumbup:

i have the complete setup on my street-strip duster and i never change it. it works great on the track and rides good on the highway with no problem. if spinning is what you want just adjust the shocks different and that will allow for alot more spinning on the road. either way they work killer :thumbup:

L I B AT IS PLUMIN
O S IT IS 4SURE

Anyhow I have a friend with a Comaro that runs them on the street. Cal Tracks and Mono leafs. Never even thought about whether or not they were streetable. Never had any problems either.

OldVart said:
Just a question here, but if you remove the bolt that lays on top of the spring, haven't you just negated the total effect of the CalTracs? The whole idea of the bolt is to keep the forward segment of the leaf spring from arching upward under hard acceleration, thus keeping tension to plant the tires. If you remove that bolt, then all you have left is an adjustable rod between the lower spring mount and the front mount of the spring.
I think if you put a piece of rubber hose over that upper bolt, and just had it barely touching the spring, you would have a quiet yet usable traction device for street use.
Any and all comments on this idea are welcome. :thumbup:

through it in when you go to the track. and the way home pull the bolt and go cruizing... no worries about your adjustment being off when you go to the track

krabysniper said:
This from a guy who DOES NOT even posess/own caltracs, he has redneckwilly homemade suspension parts, which BTW, if ya hadn't seen the pictures he posted, here is the front part of one of his bars, take note of the cast iron plumbing fitting. "Yup, dat der iz sum eginneering. Yuk yuk!":sign6:
http://66.17.171.114/PhotoAlbum/Cars/Pics/duster_43.jpg

Wonder how long till he takes this pic off his photo album, no problem though, I have a screen shot that verifies it's his, so I can put it back up for all to see if he does.:thumbup:

Awwwwwwwww, how's it feel to have someone bag on you? Not nice is it? To bad you make it SOoooooooooooooo easy. Maybe you will learn to quit acting like a :tool:.

My apoligies to everyone else, original poster and all who offeredd him "real" advice, after recent comments by this particular chump, I figured I better respond here and prevent him from posting "spin" so I had to "call him" on it. :thumbup:

Why is there so much **** talking around here? Who cares if someone used cast iron fittings. It's not on your car is it?

mopowers said:
Why is there so much **** talking around here? Who cares if someone used cast iron fittings. It's not on your car is it?

You would care if he was racing next to you at the track and his half assed suspension part fails, causes him to lose control and he crashes into you. Or maybe his hillbilly dumb *** is out on the highway trying to show off to his other hillbilly buddies and his jerry rigged car has a failure and he loses control and kills your wife and kids who were on there way back from church.

Your right, it isn't my car, THANK GOD FOR THAT, because I am not that damned ignorant that I would think you can weld a cast iron fitting to a piece of tube steel and think that it is sufficient for a suspension part. It's ignorance like that that will kill this hobby and anything automotive faster than one person talking crap to another on a bulletin board.

But you go on ahead, mister sheeple, and don't worry about what others have to say nor worry about the other car coming down the road at you, it may be his you know.

I tell ya what: If all I did was worry about how other people were building thier cars and how they were driving them, I wouldn't have any time to build my own.

Hey guys Dazedduster was looking for advice. We gave our opinions. He will sort through them. Lets knock off the bashing before the post gets locked down.
Thanks

-
Back