California Hot Rod Reunion Pics

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Here's some pics from the 2009 California Hot Rod Reunion at Famoso drag strip (outside of Bakersfield). We usually try and do the whole 3-day event but were only there on Friday this year because we went to Fall Fling in Van Nuys on Saturday.
The CHRR is one of my favorite annual events. Fun to see all the nostalgia stuff - great friends, great memories, fun times and some good racing - new front-motored nostalgia Top Fuel cars running high 5-second ETs. Nostalgia funny cars.
There were 102 cars scheduled to be in the CackleFest on Saturday night.
Mostly Mopar pics (as it should be) but a sprinkling of others at the end.
Oh yeah, take a close look at the rat rod Chevy small block in the last photo for all the really great details - like the old cigar butt, glass fuse, and pine needles on the intake manifold - typical 'bow tie' detailing. LOL.

CHRR2009002_edited (Small).JPG

CHRR2009003_edited (Small).JPG

CHRR2009004_edited (Small).JPG

CHRR2009005_edited (Small).JPG

CHRR2009006_edited (Small).JPG

CHRR2009007_edited (Small).JPG

CHRR2009008_edited (Small).JPG

CHRR2009009_edited (Small).JPG

CHRR2009011_edited (Small).JPG

CHRR2009012_edited (Small).JPG

hey ocdart. i didnt know you were going to be there. i was there too. i got up at 2 in the morning saturday and drove 4 hours to bakersfield. then i left the track at 9:30 last night and drove 4 hours home. 24 hour day, but it was well worth it. i also started a thread and posted some pics. but i need to resize a bunch and post them.

...and these little hand-built monsters run on gasoline!!! Sound like a herd of very angry hornets

CHRR2009039_edited (Small).JPG

hey ocdart. i didnt know you were going to be there. i was there too. i got up at 2 in the morning saturday and drove 4 hours to bakersfield. then i left the track at 9:30 last night and drove 4 hours home. 24 hour day, but it was well worth it. i also started a thread and posted some pics. but i need to resize a bunch and post them.

Hey slantscamp -
Yeah, we try to make it every year. I meant to start a thread early last week to see what FABO members may be going, but work kept getting in the way.
Next year!!! Maybe we can get a little FABO gathering there. We usually take our 5th wheel and camp with friends but didn't this year because of the date conflict with Fall Fling. Had to be at Fall Fling 'cause our club (Inland Mopars) was pulling the winning raffle ticket for our 2009 charity raffle car.
Funny thing was, the winner (from Las Vegas) was at the California Hot Rod Reunion when we called him! He immediately left to come down and claim his car.

-
Back