caliper bolt pin threading confirmation

-

LIONEL

Lio
Reaction score
Hi, i have some problems with my caliper mounting brackets, the threading is damaged, and I have to repair it with Helicoil
someone can confirm me the threading of bolts
for me it's 3/8''-24 but I'm not sure
Many thanks

bolt.jpg

Is the damaged thread in the mounting bracket or the caliper.

Either way I would replace the part

The brakes are one of those parts that if they fail they can kill you or someone else

as for helicoil repair I suspect it will hold up just fine but for the money why take chances.

Is the damaged thread in the mounting bracket or the caliper.

Either way I would replace the part

The brakes are one of those parts that if they fail they can kill you or someone else

as for helicoil repair I suspect it will hold up just fine but for the money why take chances.
Good points. The OP is located in France so ordering a new one wouldn’t be as straightforward as if he lived in the States.

The issue I can see with helicoil, etc, is you might bore/ enlarge the pilot area, (for the bolt snout) which you don't want. The tap for the coil has to go "so deep."

Thanks for your reply and advices
yes it's the thread of the bracket damaged
you're right, it's better and more secure to change for new brackets
i will looking for new ones
i see 3208 as reference
I've made some modification for 4,5" bolt pattern and I've after 70 single piston calipers

one question : what do you mean H22A4 "the OP is located in France"

Best regards
lionel
B1.jpg

B2.jpg

i'll take a guess and try to give an explanation that might help. Its probably very early in the morning in big areas of the USA at the moment. For you and I, much further east it is mid afternoon, so a reply from H22A4 to you question is unlikley until later.

The Original Poster, the OP (i.e you) are in france

This assumption has been made because under the image of your barracuda next to your post there is Location: FRANCE.

:)

you are the OP, its your thread, your question.
and
Based on the information your provided when you registered we believe you are in France

Dave

Last edited:
i'll take a guess and try to give an explanation that might help. Its probably very early in the morning in big areas of the USA at the moment. For you and I, much further east it is mid afternoon, so a reply from H22A4 to you question is unlikley until later.

The Original Poster, the OP (i.e you) are in france

This assumption has been made because under the image of your barracuda next to your post there is Location: FRANCE.

:)

you are the OP, its your thread, your question.
and
Based on the information your provided when you registered we believe you are in France

Dave
Bingo!

Thanks for your reply and advices
yes it's the thread of the bracket damaged
you're right, it's better and more secure to change for new brackets
i will looking for new ones
i see 3208 as reference
I've made some modification for 4,5" bolt pattern and I've after 70 single piston calipers

one question : what do you mean H22A4 "the OP is located in France"

Best regards
lionel
View attachment 1716135623

View attachment 1716135624
Looking for new ones? New may not be available but a wanted ad here in the Marketplace forums might get you a good used one or two.
If you aren't comfortable doing a repair, do you have a machine shop near you? A local repair may be cheaper than paying shipping across the pond for a used one.

Ok: thanks Dave for the explanations !
you're right, I live in France
with the damaged thread, at this moment I'm stuck with this problem and can test the car
at first, I'll repair it with Helicoil for testing the car
in the next coming month, I'll order new ones and send it to my friend in Florida and after bring back to France
Best regards
Lionel

-
Back