Caliper paint thoughts.

-

Nkaiser81

71TwistedK
Reaction score
I switched my 71 Duster over to factory disc brakes. I'm going to paint the calipers a different color to make them pop. Has anyone done this and if so. Let's see pictures. My car is bright yellow. Trying to decide if yellow calipers would be the right choice.

Centerlines.
Problem solved.

You may want to throw up some pics so we can see the car and wheels and be able to give better advice.

It has nothing to do with wanting to see more car porm lol.

:poke:

I painted my K-H calipers with the same orange paint I used to paint the engine block.
Only pic I have right now.

7326C573-8F8B-480C-B274-564EC51BE657.jpeg

Body color would be subtle. Some B or E got the rear drums painted red depending on the wheels IIRC.

Havent gotten to the wheels yet. Was thinking something like a Torqlite or a Thruster

I used this on my RAM and my wife's Jeep. Holds up really well on everyday driver in salty N.Y.
Got it on fleabay. Lots of color choices.
Search G2 High Gloss epoxy wheel paint.

16497085070221126997191.jpg

I did the G2 (yellow) on my friends Cadillac tedious work. It’s cheaper then removing them then powder coating them. With yellow i did like 5 coats says, i think 2 coats but with the yellow you can still see the caliper through the yellow. But overall came out good.

Red worked great with 2 coats on both of my vehicles. Came with a can of pre cleaner too. Had some leftover and did the push bar I had mounted in my hitch. No cracks or chips yet.

I like my drums black instead of rust color. Calipers? I run Centerlines...as suggested.
dsc00195-jpg.jpg

-
Back