Caliper question

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a Raybestos RC4103 caliper. It is describes as a front left caliper. I am installing it on a conversion 72 Demon. I already installed the spindles and located them so the calipers face the rear as I have a factory sway bar and it appears these will hit the brackets which are located at the bottom outer area of the LCA. My question is regarding the calipers I have. They appear to be called out for a 76 and up car. Am I correct to assume I should install the left on the right and visa versa. I have one installed on the passenger side and the bleeder is on top with the brake line outlet on the bottom. If I install it on the orther wheel, the bleeder will be down the bottom and the brake line attachment will be above it. Does anybody have a clear picture of how these are suppose to be orientated when installed on the rear of the discs. Help me out. I will then take pictures and submit them so I can be sure they are right.

If you have one installed as you say it is a left side caliper on the right side. So you need a right side caliper for the left side.

If you have one installed as you say it is a left side caliper on the right side. So you need a right side caliper for the left side.

OK, I have them correct with the bleeder up top. I was just curious when I look at the inlet where the rubber hose attach to, It appears to be only about 2 inches away and looking right at the upper ball joint knuck on the spindle. Is that hose going to make that bend ok or does it have a 90 degree fitting. I do note that the connection between solid and rubber is actially on the frame rail right close to the rear of the upper control arm, so it looks to be in a good place.

When the caliper is where it should be the fluid line is routed different. When the calipers are switched the fluid lines can be a concern. Others have found a alternative line from F-body or something. Sorry I cant be more help. Pics of your setup could help us all.

-
Back