Cali's rocking again!

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
upload_2018-8-28_21-16-55.png

7:34 PM PDT Barely felt it as I was watching a vid with headphones on and I see the water start to shake in the bottle. Just a little 4.4, then a 3.4 about 35 miles away. Redlands felt it pretty good as the closer you are the sharper it feels. The farther out it goes, the more mellow it gets but longer in duration.

ya, my wife came in and told me about it, saw it on the news. we didn't feel it though

'94 Northridge quake sent me running to the garage as my Barracuda was parked in there and the hot water heater is on a 3 foot stand right in front of it. That was a 6.7, plus a 6.0 a minute later, a couple of good ones! My parents were in Vegas and they felt it! I remember the '71 Sylmar 6.5 too. I was 3 and I remember my crib style bed rolling across the room. Must have been one of my first memories....Good stuff.

'94 Northridge quake sent me running to the garage as my Barracuda was parked in there and the hot water heater is on a 3 foot stand right in front of it. That was a 6.7, plus a 6.0 a minute later, a couple of good ones! My parents were in Vegas and they felt it! I remember the '71 Sylmar 6.5 too. I was 3 and I remember my crib style bed rolling across the room. Must have been one of my first memories....Good stuff.

My aunt was in the Northridge quake. My mom was down there, visiting her.

My mom said either come visit me, or move out of California. I'm not going there again.

My aunt moved to Utah and now they have moved to their retirement home in Arizona. Evidently my aunt wasn't hip on quakes either.

Read somewhere recently that there have been a good number of quakes around the 'Ring of Fire' area; over in Asia and the North American continent. Supposedly The Big One is coming soon......

Louie, there are ALWAYS quakes, just look at the USGS website.

I know.......I used to look at the USGS site. Pretty cool as it's not just US but worldwide. Or at least the one I looked at.
This site.... I have the link.
Latest Earthquakes

Last edited:
I lived in Turnagin Arm during the Alaska Big One in 1964. That was the epicenter. Saw large chunks of the neighboring housing development break off and float away. The damage was phenomenal and awe-inspiring as well. We toured the state afterward to see the resulting damage. Seward was destroyed.

I never want to go through anything like that ever again!!!

View attachment 1715217105

7:34 PM PDT Barely felt it as I was watching a vid with headphones on and I see the water start to shake in the bottle. Just a little 4.4, then a 3.4 about 35 miles away. Redlands felt it pretty good as the closer you are the sharper it feels. The farther out it goes, the more mellow it gets but longer in duration.
I was in my back yard at the time and didn't feel anything?????

Made me check USGS :realcrazy: There was one about 90 miles NW of here yesterday 3.4. Surprisingly not right on the San Andreas Fault which is very close to that neighborhood. I have got to get to Parkfield and check that USGS research place out sometime.

Made me check USGS :realcrazy: There was one about 90 miles NW of here yesterday 3.4. Surprisingly not right on the San Andreas Fault which is very close to that neighborhood. I have got to get to Parkfield and check that USGS research place out sometime.
Yeah, back out on the view and see a lot of activity over in Asia.

The big one is the result of pent up energy. All these little ones are beneficial as they bleed off that potential energy in less than spectacular fashion...Thats what my Earth Science teacher taught us. They never frightened me but I was never that close to the epicenter either.

-
Back