Called Dyers

-
3" is pretty standard. You'll probably be okay with a SB. With my 440 there's no clearance for any fans. Dropped PS to eliminate an accessory pulley too. Keeping any of it would have required moving the radiator into or in front of the core support. Instead I run a SPAL pusher.

View attachment 1715120439
Hi, what spark plug brand and range do you run on your big block, I built a 451,440 source heads,671 blower,, thank you

Hi, what spark plug brand and range do you run on your big block, I built a 451,440 source heads,671 blower,, thank you

Spark plugs are NGK racing plugs part no. R5670-7 (stock No, 2891) which are two heat ranges cooler than a stock plug.

Spark plugs are NGK racing plugs part no. R5670-7 (stock No, 2891) which are two heat ranges cooler than a stock plug.

Those are projected tip plugs. It is best to stick with non-projected when playing with boost.

Those are projected tip plugs. It is best to stick with non-projected when playing with boost.

Thanks - you're right, it does pay to make informed decisions. The bottom line when it comes to plugs is about controlling detonation. IF the extended tip can transfer heat away to the body of the plug fast enough then theoretically it shouldn't be an issue. Non-extended to be safe? Sure. For now, with my combination on the street, I'm comfortable with my choice.

Last edited:
Called dyers blower service this morning, asked about the 6-71 kit price for a sb mopar polished set up. He said 4,100 bucks everything but the carbs, linkage, and fuel lines. I'm fixin to pull the trigger in January on one. Said they have no problems with dist clearance either on there kits. I told him what I was swapping it out for an he said those little B&M superchargers are highly sought after for sb mopars and I will probably get a good return on it. So my question is just how much better is a 6-71 blower then one of these little b&m's ? I realize 6-71 are bigger and probably don't work as hard to make boost but is that it? Surely there capable of more power right? Thanks.

Slow, if you haven't purchased yet, I might be selling my new 671 kit (all polished) since I am thinking of doing a black monochromatic setup in my 35 Ply. Feel free to PM me.

So, let's say for example, one is running a B&M blower with 5 PSI of boost. Will swapping to a 6-71 running 5 PSI of boost on the same engine result in more power?

Absolutely! The slower you can turn the blower and make the same boost, the more power it will make. Also remember that boost is a measure of unused manifold pressure below the blower. You can improve head flow/camshaft events and LOWER boost and RAISE horsepower! Have fun...

Thanks - you're right, it does pay to make informed decisions. The bottom line when it comes to plugs is about controlling detonation. IF the extended tip can transfer heat away to the body of the plug fast enough then theoretically it shouldn't be an issue. Non-extended to be safe? Sure. For now, with my combination on the street, I'm comfortable with my choice.

Never run it at the track like that. You have glow plugs in there. I run side gapped Autolites, a very cold plug you can't even see any porcelain.

How tight do you set yours? I have never really got a straight answer to that question.. mine will shift if too loose but i dont want to over tighten and cause premature wear on anything.

Always adjust the belt HOT, not cold! By hot, I mean take the car for an extended drive and bring your 1/2 ratchet, 3 inch extension and 15/16" socket with you. Pull over, shut it off and do it then. You should have 1 1/2" deflection HOT, not cold. If the belt it too tight, it WILL wipe out the snout bearing & seal, then the front crank main bearing and next snap off the crank snout. My friend made it one block before he broke his new blower on his 340 because he adjusted the belt cold. The stock crank snout was never designed for a lifting load like the blower can put on them. That is why they make crank supports with an extra bearing for racing.

Absolutely! The slower you can turn the blower and make the same boost, the more power it will make. Also remember that boost is a measure of unused manifold pressure below the blower. You can improve head flow/camshaft events and LOWER boost and RAISE horsepower! Have fun...
Yeah, I'm remembering that it takes triple the power to turn the 671 as compared to a 144.

-
Back