Calling all Maritimers!!

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I would like to see if there is any interest in getting together this summer. Maybe we could try it for one day at the Atlantic Nationals in Moncton. I know we are spread out a bit and Moncton is kind of a central spot for all of us. Even if your not interested, please post in this thread so we know who you are. I have talked or posted back and forth to a few of you, but it would be nice to put a face to a name.

Jack

email - [email protected]

Hey Jack - I might be able to do it. The inlaws live in Amherst - so I might be able to use that as a staging point. My car won't be ready at the first of summer, but maybe I could bring something else :)

Trevor

I know how you feel Trevor. I was trying to get mine ready for last summer and am just now getting close to being done. Amherst would be a good staging point for you. Closer than where I live.

Jack

Jack, Marvin here from Fredericton, I should be able to Make it, I have inlaws in Moncton and could stay there no problem, as long as I am off of work, or can get time off which usually isn't a problem. Won't have a mopar but will have pics of my project. When are the Nationals. Also to let you all know the Canada's fastest Street car shootout is scheduled to be held at Miramichi dragway in 2008. Racers from as far away as Florida, there will be some good action with defending champion from Fredericton Boo King and his Nuclear banana. Bwtween 5ooo and 8000 spectators expected and there should be some good sponsors booths setup for buy product. Should be a Rockin' time with special events http://www.canadianfasteststreetcarshootout.com/ check it out you won't want to miss this one.

The nationals in Moncton are neet and full of nice rides, I have not missed one yet and don't plan to miss this one. It sure would be nice to see it with a MOPAR fan or two... Island cars always seem to be nicer but maybe it's because we rarely see them. Don't forget Jack there is also the car display on Main street and the cruise.
This feels exiting already.
[email protected]

When are the Atlantic Nationals I was there a couple of years back. I'm actually heading down to Moncton todat for the weekend, some good sales at Princess Auto that I need to pick up for future work on the swinger such as the electric metal cutter.

I have gone to the Nationals the last 3 years. It's a great way to spend the day.
Now if we can just get more than us 4 there.

Jack

Talking it over with the wife..I promised to take her to Maine so this will work right into that, just have to check finances. The last kid gets married in June and is going on honeymoon to Alaska for two weeks, and since we're self employed (him and I have a sign shop) I have to figure out how much work we'll have to juggle. I hope to make it though...no Mopar, won't be done, might have to drive a F*** or G**..
Dave

My Fiance is originally from Newcastle(remember that town name?) I came out there for the first time in 05. Absolutely LOVED it!!! I think the Atlantic Nats were the following week after we left though. Depending on when Plant shutdown is this year, might be able to make it. Did get to the Rock and Roll Festival in 05. That was a good time!

Dave,

That would be great. It's not that far from Maine to Moncton. 2 1/2 hours from the border I think. All are welcome to join us.

jd340,

Yep, they call the whole area Miramichi City now. I go salmon fishing up at Sunny Corner most springs. Hopefully the plant shutdown works in your favour. Be glad to see ya.

Jack

Yep, knew about the Miramichi City deal. Thought the locals would get a chuckle hearing the old town names. Chathamhead, Douglastown, Newcastle... did I miss a couple? Would like to make it if at all possible.

JD340 I wasn't at the festival but was at the inlaws just past Miramich that weekend and hit the drag races as always. Hope you are able to make it to the Nationals.

Yes definately we have to get some more bodies involved. I know my brother inlaw will probably be with me, he is a great guy though even if he is a GM guy

Hey Guy's,

Green440duster came up with an idea that I think is pretty good. He proposes that everybody that is going to meet at the Nationals make a post of parts that they need in this thread and maybe some of the others that are going will have that part for them. Kind of a mini swap-meet between us FABO guy's.

Lets hear what you think.

I don't need much of anything now but I do have some spare parts laying around. Maybe I have what somebody else needs.

Jack

I have a 3000 Stall 727 Converter & SB 727, A-Body Rear end Case & Axles, Set of 15" Cop Wheels, some Big Block Parts. Need Interior parts for 73-76 Duster, plus anything else that might fit my 76 Duster (ie. body parts etc).

Thanks
Jamie

-
Back