Calling All Nerds

-

dibbons

Reaction score
Since finding someone to publish my relationship manuscript has been a failure (title: Pleasure, Turmoil, Despair), I have decided to pursue a possible TV/Movie idea where the protagonists are all “nerds.” I have a lot of time in the evenings now, since all the interruptions of the commercials on television have encouraged me to shut off the boob tube permanently.

What I need to begin my project is a broad spectrum of the following: a) various nerd definitions b) a compilation of past nerd characters who have appeared in movies/television with corresponding film clips c) last, but not least, a broad database of the names and contact information of genuine real-life nerds in North America (Canada, USA, Mexico). So as not to ignore half the population, I suppose we can include both male and female (if there is such a thing) nerds, with the restriction that they manifest a heterosexual orientation (since the principal theme of the project will be based the love life of such individuals).

Anyone who would like to contribute to my start-up is welcome to post your ideas/opinions/contributions here. I imagine and am hopeful it will be an entertaining idea in a comedic way. If I awaken enough enthusiasm/interest in my project I will be sure to set up a website. Posted on FABO/FBBO.

Odiseo as baby.jpg

well, i must not be a nerd, because that left me thoroughly confused

I think you need to turn your TV back on. LOL
Do what I do. Either mute the sound and ignore the commercials or just record everything and run through the commercials. Works great.

Do you have enough time to finish it?
I mean; I heard the Noahide laws are coming to N.America which will instantly put all believers to the guillotine.They are supposedly gonna ship us to Israel to be tried by the Sanhedrin, found guilty, and slaughtered. I don't think we have a year, but who knows.....

Will you get this done before the world ends in 12 years?

There was a TV series I believe called "Geeks and Creeps" that aired in the early-2000s I think, might want to check that out for some ideas.

I got picked on in school because I was hyper and had problems sitting still for hours straight doing dumb mindless work that doesn't stimulate my brain (and I still do and probably always will). I also physically matured much slower than my peers ("late bloomer") so that was another issue, and I was in advanced math classes in grade school so that didn't help. I gave up on television years ago, the amount of time you spend sitting in front of the TV compared to how much USEFUL information you actually get is basically 100:1. I spend my free time nerding out over military history (particularly tanks and armored vehicles), reading non-fiction technical books, listening to older music and watching a LOT of informative "how-to" and educational videos on YouTube. Recently I've been looking into foreign films and TV shows because I'm tired of American stuff with its cliche one-liners and unrealistic happy endings that make me cringe. Oh yeah and I started playing older Pokemon games again LOL!

I consider myself a "nerd" because I go out of my way to learn things the majority of people think is pointless or unrelated to everyday life. I have a fascination with old technology and a hopeless obsession with machines as well as old culture and traditions from the Middle Eastern world (my dad's family is Syrian). I'm only 28 but pop culture has annoyed me since I was a teenager, I can't count how many times I thought to myself "WHY is everyone into this stupid crap?!" whether it's music, movies, fashion, smart phones, video games, whatever. Part of it I believe is also how I was raised, my dad is a very "lone wolf" type of personality and always taught me to be true to myself and not follow others.

I was the guy in grade-8,with;
the briefcase the slide-rule,the pocket protector, the 4-color pen, the mechanical pencil,and the fold-up mini chess board that you almost needed a tweezers to move your men with. Some of that started in 1967. Chess not until 1969ish. By 1970 I had a 70 Swinger 340 4-speed, so I sorta dropped out of school; I mostly just showed up to write the tests, and the show-cause meetings; the meetings where they ask you to show them a reason not to throw you out of school, 'cause they really wanted to. But yeah, I got a lot of flack for carrying that briefcase, and it never lasted into a second year. But hey, the sliderule didn't fit into any pocket I had.....
Now I'm the guy with;
the calculator, the mechanical pencil,the stick-eraser, the 6" rule, and the bulk-paper on a wagon that follows me everywhere I go.

Recently I've been looking into foreign films

My favorite foreign director (from Spain but moved to Mexico) is Luis Buñuel--check him out. I have every one of his films on DVD. He wrote an autobiograhy thats called "Mi Ultimo Respiro" or "My Last Breath". Actually, his last words were "I'm dying now." "Simon of the Desert" is a really good shorter film of his. (see foto)

simon of the desert.jpeg

Took me 60 years to figure out I was a nerd. I don't think they even have a rating for a movie based on my life.

-
Back