Calvert set up pictures

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have picked up in a package deal, some Calvert parts. Not fully understanding how they get set up, haven't seen any good close up pictures, does anybody have some good shots for this dummy?

Also, do they sell parts to there set up? I'm missing at least the bottom plate under the axle.

I also have mystery springs. I'll get some pictuires up tomorrow.

Thanks crew.

Rob

All I can offer is I "think" they work best with monoleaf springs.

Thanks. I do know fella's have run them with S/S springs. I'm just fishing for pictures on how there suposed to be set up and if I can get missing parts. I'm searchimng the forum and my eyes and head are starting to hurt...... UGH!

LMAO!

Yeah, leave it to Womanator. That dude is balls out badass. lol

All I can offer is I "think" they work best with monoleaf springs.

I tried the get them to work without the monoleaf and had no luck
After I gave in and bought there spring they work awesome
it was like I flipped a switch have not had to mess with them since
That was my experience with them

This is straight off their site. Does it help any?

Attachments

• CAL TRACS.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 832
This is straight off their site. Does it help any?

I noticed all the cars but one at Tulsa, w/ caltracs had the bar in the top hole. I only noticed one w/ it in the bottom hole. curious,cause if I ever get my dam car out of the paint shop, I ve got a new caltrac setup for it. any of you guys run them w/ a r/b stroker, in an A body , w/ 10" tires ? sorry about the hi jack !---bob

I wonder how Caltracs would work with my cheesy /6 springs?

Probably pretty good. They are designed for their own monoleafs, so if the slant springs are wore out, they would probably work good. lol

Yeah, the air shocks would have to GO.

If you can swing the Calvert mono leafs somehow too, that will show you a huge improvement. They are designed to work together. Your car is already surprisingly quick for having a total craptastic rear suspension. I bet it would really be dangerous with the right stuff under there. You'll probably have to clean your pants out.

If you can swing the Calvert mono leafs somehow too, that will show you a huge improvement. They are designed to work together. Your car is already surprisingly quick for having a total craptastic rear suspension. I bet it would really be dangerous with the right stuff under there. You'll probably have to clean your pants out.
Craptastic ?? That a technical term? Lol there's soooo many things that need replacing/improvement. You know I'm trying to cut corners so I can pay double in the end! Lol I could just go with ss springs like i think you suggested a long time ago ?

Craptastic ?? That a technical term? Lol there's soooo many things that need replacing/improvement. You know I'm trying to cut corners so I can pay double in the end! Lol I could just go with ss springs like i think you suggested a long time ago ?

But the SS springs are no good with cal tracs. You pick one or the other. They don't work together.

In all honesty, the SS springs will be cheaper. The 002 and 003 springs would work well.

But the SS springs are no good with cal tracs. You pick one or the other. They don't work together.

In all honesty, the SS springs will be cheaper. The 002 and 003 springs would work well.
oh ya, not togather. Are 002- 003 and ss the same or?

oh ya, not togather. Are 002- 003 and ss the same or?

There are several sets of SS springs based on weight. The 002 and 003 springs are the best for the A body for drag racing. They were original equipment on the Hemi A bodies.

The Hemi A-bodies springs were built for 3100 lbs.
Looking at that drawing of the caltrac package it seems the mono leaf
spring has a diff rate for front and rear segments same as the SS spring.
The SS springs have a different rate side to side also. Not sure about the caltracs.

-
Back