Cam and Stall Convertor

-
268 cam is decent and will make good power. I would have run the smallest thumpr cam and advanced it 5° or as much as the piston would allow.
They only need about 105lbs. of spring on seat and 270 open to work well.

A good converter will make ALL the difference in the world. Most likely a good 5000stall will work well in a stroker down the road because it'll stall more at that point.
Let us know how the 268 cam works!
Brian

268 cam is decent and will make good power. I would have run the smallest thumpr cam and advanced it 5° or as much as the piston would allow.
They only need about 105lbs. of spring on seat and 270 open to work well.

A good converter will make ALL the difference in the world. Most likely a good 5000stall will work well in a stroker down the road because it'll stall more at that point.
Let us know how the 268 cam works!
Brian
Would that cam be the Comp cams K20-600-4 kit?

I have a novel idea, why not run what you have and save this money for your stroker project?
this is the best thing I've read yet.run what you have and get the experience.and have fun.save your money for the big motor................Artie:coffee2::hello1:

You need more cam,you need more gear. (4:30) What size valves are you running ? I hope you at least have 1.88 int. and 1.60 exh.

this is the best thing I've read yet.run what you have and get the experience.and have fun.save your money for the big motor................Artie:coffee2::hello1:

Not bad advice. I have chased the timeslip on a few combo$ and then didn't have that dough to do what I REALLY wanted all along. That lil 318 runs great for what it is, and it's a KILLER bracket car, as it sits. Believe me, one change will lead to the other. The cam needs a converter, the converter needs gears, the whole deal needs heads to "use" the cam, etc, etc.

If you are going to change anything, maybe invest in parts that WILL work with a stroker later on the "justify" that expense now.

-
Back