Cam / Carb / Intake Recommendations

-

Jons340Dart

Reaction score
I've tried working my way through all kinds of threads... but thought I'd start anew...

Looking for your recommendations for a good street / strip combo (primarily street) specifically the cam.

Its a 4 speed very early 360 with J heads and 8 3/4 355 suregrip. Looking for that nice lopey idle and good low end torque (I like scalding the tires). A mid to high 12 sec would be more than enough. Hydraulic flat preferred for now if possible (but other thoughts welcome).

Thoughts?

I've tried working my way through all kinds of threads... but thought I'd start anew...

Looking for your recommendations for a good street / strip combo (primarily street) specifically the cam.

Its a 4 speed very early 360 with J heads and 8 3/4 355 suregrip. Looking for that nice lopey idle and good low end torque (I like scalding the tires). A mid to high 12 sec would be more than enough. Hydraulic flat preferred for now if possible (but other thoughts welcome).

Thoughts?

Cam can be tricky as far as streetabilty goes and what your willing to live with. Even more so with 3.55's. The best part is the 4spd. With this in mind I think that the Comp Cam XE274H is where I would start. With 230 degrees of duration @ .050, it's not going to kill the low end badly.

Heres a important question. What size tires are on the car/going to be used?

A new intake could be the RPM easy or Air Gap version.
Second choice would be the Weiand Stealth. Still a very good intake!

The stock heads can be reworked a little cheaper than new Aluminum heads from Edelbrock. I used a set of Edelbrock heads (Air-gap and 750 Carter) and ran mid to low 12's in a 73 Cuda/4spd/4.10's w/ 255/60/15's out back. The cam was a Purple 292/.509 in a zero deck piston engine. Super Comp headers for exhaust. (1-3/4 tube)
The E-body is a little heavier

-
Back