Cam Choice???

-

moparduster

Reaction score
Im thinking about getting a new camshaft. I have a 360 bored .060 over stock stroke, stock rods. RHS heads M1 intake with holley 750 dp. The dart is a drag car but sees some street. Im wanting a great perfomance, nice chop, but still somewhat streetable camshaft. Im running a 727, manuel valve body with 8.75 with 4.56 gears. Can someone please give me some advice on a great camshaft. I have a hyd. purple shaft 320 duration with .533 lift cam that I got free for the build I just dont think I will get what im wanting out of that camshaft.

Are you running the cam now?
If not, just try it and see how it is before you go spending money. Cam choices and theroy and ideas and the total differences between what'll work really good are small potato's. The wrong cam could be a disaster.

Head flow numbers?

Ive got the cam in the engine but the engine is still under construction. I got a built short block and the cam shaft for free and bought some rhs heads and the intake and ive been putting the engine together but 2nd guessin about the cam shaft. i guess ill just run what I have and if im happy great if not go from there.

If you still want to entertain new ideas....................

If you do run that cam you will need a pretty loose converter. 3500 at the very minimum. 4000-4500 would be better but if you do drive it on the street much driveability suffers with a 4000+ converter.

that camshaft is HUGH in duration....the MP509 is generally too big for most street engines..that cam is larger...you will need gears/converter to get it to move...

got about 256* @ .050 duration...

Said he's got 4.56 gears.

Ok...would not be my choice for a cam.....thanks

sometimes things that are free cost more in the long run....lol

P4529317 320/320 104 108 .533/.533 3800-6400 Drag mod. comp w/ auto or 4 speed

272* duration at .050.......

-
Back