cam ideas

-

dusterfanatic

The 340 Hammer
Reaction score
alright i am on the seach for a cam that gives me a nice choppy sound just was wondering what you guys are useing

its going in a 1970 duster and so far we have decided to bore it 0.020 and shave the deck to 0.030 i want to put a stall converter on it re size the valves too put a 4 barrel carb on it. for now i am thinking a 2 1/4 inch exahst pipe on it with prolly a cherry bomb muffler all the rest of the stuff will be decided after i pull the engine today oh and idk whats in it for a transmission i find out when i pull it out today and i will post it but i was just wondering what the most popular cam people put in it is. i wont be drag racing it or anything i would like to keep it at around 15mpg and have a nice choppy snotty sound thats reisonably loud

Slantzilla he has changed something,He was going to bore .30 and shave .20,now its vice versa.Either way its a waste of time.This thread is just anouther waste of time.He needs to read,NOT type.Guzzi Mark

rpm range and cam are directly related.....what is you intended rpm range?big cam with restrictive exhaust,and highway gears=slow.

Here's the specs on a cam that Doug over at SlantSix.org recommended to me for my /6...keeping the stock compression. It's a custom Erson cam.

erson rv10m-212-.jpg

-
Back