Cam options for a 380hp 360 crate motor

-
Here’s the one I plan on running. RAMM used the long snout version. I plan on using the short snout version in case I decide to put the magnum timing cover back on.

Voodoo Hydraulic Roller Cam - Chrysler 273-360 (W/ Short Snout) 258/264

I think that's the one that I have.

Slightly less .050 duration than the 380 cam but slightly more lift (.517 at 1.6)

I'm hoping the duration decrease will bring back some of the low end that the 380HP cam gives up as well as help the MPG.

The added lift will hopefully compensate for some of the power loss.

We shall see.

I'd love to hear from someone that either swapped that cam into a stock 5.9 or 300HP crate engine or replaced the 380HP cam with this one.

Slightly less .050 duration than the 380 cam but slightly more lift (.517 at 1.6)

I'm hoping the duration decrease will bring back some of the low end that the 380HP cam gives up as well as help the MPG.

We shall see.

I'd love to hear from someone that either swapped that cam into a stock 5.9 or 300HP crate engine or replaced the 380HP cam with this one.

I though of doing similar with my 380hp crate or installing Rhoads roller lifters.

We shall see.

I know this is an old thread and I just happen to come across it but I put a 360 Magnum in a pink $67 Dodge a100 basically copy to everything that the 380 crate engine has and put it in a 60,000 MI Magnum out of the van it was exact copy except for the compression it put down 272 at the wheels can't remember the torque I want to say 390-410ish 3500 stall and reverse manual valve body. it ran 1270s in Spokane built that thing when I was a freshman in high school so 2002 this winter we finally put in a new long block this winter same as it was before used and that thing was abused and abused and abused more I remember taking a trip in it I was turning 3500 to 4,000 RPMs pretty much the whole trip it was built to be loud and obnoxious and to do burnouts and that's what it did it was abused anytime it moved as long as the battery was good run out there hit the key and fire right up every spring it's sit outside every winter just regular oil changes and maintenance

FB_IMG_1589254916571.jpg

-
Back