Cam valvetrain?

-
Reaction score
I have a 74 360 out of a Duster that I am putting in a 65 Cuda. It has an Edelbrock intake, Holley carb and hooker headers but appears to be stock internally. I plan on installing a Lunati Voodoo cam 213/220 @ .050 454/.475 Can I get away with my stock vave springs, pushrods, etc.? I also plan on installing a B&M Torkmaster 2400 - 2300-2500 RPM Stall Converter. Is this a good choice?

Rockers probably, pushrods probably as long as going hydraulic to hydraulic. Valve springs unlikely.

What does the cam manufacturer recommend? I would guess the springs, retainers and locks will have to be changed at minimum.

I have a similar lift cam and had to change out those items.

All is good IMO except the spring & intake, but use what ya got and upgrade later. I have used similar cams without issue with concern of the Pushrods, rockers and the geometry.

I would however change the springs!

If you keep the stock valves, retainers and locks, you should not have a problem. I never did on little cams like this.

Lunatis need a lot of spring due to the lobe profile. You will want to replace the springs - and the ones Lunati recommends require machining on the head. You may be able to find a compatible single-with-damper spring but the "right ones" are dual-with-damper springs.

-
Back