Cam

-

Csommers

Reaction score
can anyone help me identify this cam? I'm assuming it's a custom grind but I don't even know the manufacturer. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess CC is either crane or comp cam? Anything helps. Thanks!

IMG_3087.JPG

It has some previously stamped numbers kind of ground off the end. I am going to guess it is a re grind. The only way to figure it out for sure is with V blocks (or in an engine) with a dial indicator and degree wheel...

Call Comp and Crane, give them that five digit number... It's a custom grind,they should have specs on file....

those stamped numbers may be to identify the core, or maybe it is a reground cam that has been remarked. I think it is a crane. it is a roller with 312 degrees intake and 316 degrees exhaust duration

Those lift figures are most likely at .020 (advertised) duration, not .050. Still big though ;)

My Mini-Express mushroom-lifter cam with .654" gross lift was originally 316 advertised, measured at [email protected]. After a light regrind to restore lobe taper, .652", 312 adv, [email protected].

Anyhow that advertised duration doesn't tell you very much about the acceleration on the flanks so as mentioned a dial indicator and degree wheel is your friend here. I'd guess it's in the 270's somewhere but who knows...

Thanks guys. I did email both crane and comp pams just to throw it out there. Previous owner stated it was a 700 lift came but didn't know the exact numbers, hence why I pulled it apart.

Those lift figures are most likely at .020 (advertised) duration, not .050. Still big though ;)

My Mini-Express mushroom-lifter cam with .654" gross lift was originally 316 advertised, measured at [email protected]. After a light regrind to restore lobe taper, .652", 312 adv, [email protected].

Anyhow that advertised duration doesn't tell you very much about the acceleration on the flanks so as mentioned a dial indicator and degree wheel is your friend here. I'd guess it's in the 270's somewhere but who knows...

Yes , I should have mentioned that is the advertised duration. Pretty sure it's not a Crane, because Comp always had the C over the C like that. Been so long since I've seen a Crane cam that I can't remember what they use. I don have a Crane SFT out in the shop.

Pretty sure it's a Comp.

Let us know.

HOT DAMN, I LOVE IT.

DRIVE THAT BEEOTCH.

DAMN STRAIGHT! I have a build thread going on. It's tubbed, back halfed and the motors a 470 stroker, 4 speed. Ill be running 32s on the street in the back. It'll be interesting but I don't care lol

DAMN STRAIGHT! I have a build thread going on. It's tubbed, back halfed and the motors a 470 stroker, 4 speed. Ill be running 32s on the street in the back. It'll be interesting but I don't care lol

Post the link. I'd love to read it!

FTW!!!! Drive that thing through every drive through you can find. I've had them ask me to shut mine off. I tell them to listen up or I just leave. Too cool.

Post the link. I'd love to read it!

FTW!!!! Drive that thing through every drive through you can find. I've had them ask me to shut mine off. I tell them to listen up or I just leave. Too cool.

It's been awhile since I've worked on it. I've had a lot going on at the house and looking for a new house. Hopefully I'll pick it back up after Christmas

My 69 Dart build.

Hot dayum a Comp grind on a 108 LSA and they want it on a 108 ICL!!!!!!!!

That thing ought to rip the beard off the clam for sure.

Every once in a great while Comp throws me a bone. That grind would be one of them. I forget that it's going in, but that thing should rip.

BTW! I would las it at .018/.020 HOT and let it scream.

-
Back