camaro springs on an a body

-

acmopar

Reaction score
im gonna be putting caltracs on my a body ...anyone ever used 68 camaro mono leafs on an a body (same length) i got a freebie set was thinking of giving them a try instead of the caltracs mono

Yep, not gonna work. Chrysler leaf springs are asymetrical (meaning the axle is NOT in the center of the spring. Chrysler did this along with beefing up the front 1/3 of the spring to act as a sort of traction bar (anti-wrap). Most everybody else used symetrical leaf springs, which is why they have more problems with wheel hop.

When you get deep into Chrysler engineering you realize where they were so much better, and this is one.

LOL, the VHS y guys used to use MoPar parts on there rides around here because they knew what was a better part. Springs, 8-3/4 rears and even a few done with 727's.

Since you are putting cal tracs on, the longer front segment of the GM spring is a HUGE benefit. Problem is it takes some surgery to mount them up.

What mopar designed, which is better in stock form than the GM stuff, doesn't have much to do with the OP's question.

Call Travis at Calvert and ask him about the gm spring deal.

thanks for the input i will give travis a call
i talked to a guy awhile back that used the camaro springs and caltracs on his 75 dart and he said it hooked really good and thats what im looking for on my 68 valiant mini tubbed with 451 its not ready for the road yet im still gathering some parts was jus wondering if anyone else has done this if i have to i will go with the split mono leafs but thought id give this a try since i had the springs

-
Back