Campfire pizza on the stove kinda night

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Man I get so hungry for these at times that a few years ago I searched out pizza makers that are more appropriate for home use.

5362C6F9-8E70-458F-B255-B844806B0EFF.jpeg

5D542852-94A8-4B57-BA63-0AA16098AD7F.jpeg

F83FBCEA-5BB3-47AE-A00D-03CF0FCBD8D8.jpeg

046B80A2-BDFC-4B62-9B9F-32C97B80A6E3.jpeg

Those look tasty.
I'm going to add those to my diet, I'm tired of the same old stuff.

I hate Walmart, but I used to go,and get the fresh Italian bread (for a buck!) Get you some Ragu Pizza Quick, some fresh garlic, some sliced pepperoni, and some mozzarella cheese 5 or 10 minutes in the toaster oven man you got it going on brother and it's pretty inexpensive, or used to be... we haven't cooked in 6 weeks it's eating holes in my finances I tell you

Just ordered me a Panini press, going to have me some of them this weekend.

I WISH I knew how to Bake Cheese! Man when cheese gets that little tiny bit of golden brown and slightly crispy on it but without being burnt that is some good stuff! By above post was edited due to the damnable voice to text feature adding whatever it wanted me to say instead of what I was actually saying

Looks good John.
When our kids were growing up we had an electric gadget called a Snackmaster.
Made two triangle shaped grilled sandwich pockets from two slices of bread.
Used it for pizza pockets, or use fruit pie filling and cream cheese for dessert sammies.
We would make icing with powdered sugar, man they were good!

Hey, @pittsburghracer, could you post a few pictures of building them and a picture of one cut in half after cooked. From the pictures you posted, I can't figure out how they are built.
Thanks.

I WISH I knew how to Bake Cheese! Man when cheese gets that little tiny bit of golden brown and slightly crispy on it but without being burnt that is some good stuff! By above post was edited due to the damnable voice to text feature adding whatever it wanted me to say instead of what I was actually saying
Use your broiler. After the cheese has melted, place under the broiler on high and watch it until it starts to brown. Only takes a min or two on high.

Talking Pizza, The best pizza I ever had was off the wood stove in the shop. Bought a pizza and picked it up on the snowmobiles. When we got back it was cold so we put it on the wood stove.

We started the fire and got side tracked until we saw the pizza box sides burning. Quickly tried to grab it but only the top of the box came off. Slid the pizza onto a piece of sheet metal. It was the best ever.. Crisp but not burned and the best flavor ever.

Tried to duplicate it several times but never could it had that smoked shop WD40 taste. Mmm. Mmm good.

That Pizza with a snow chilled beer ? Doesn't get better then that sitting at the open shop door next to the wood stove. Looking out at the outline of the ski resort lights on the mountain through the falling snowflakes. Those were the Days. We were riding mid 70's Arctic Catson a 20" snowpack. Good ole days.

spoiler pics 085.jpg

spoiler pics 086.jpg

spoiler pics 087 (2).jpg

spoiler pics 045 (2).jpg

DSCN1399.jpg

DSCN1400 (2).jpg

Hey, @pittsburghracer, could you post a few pictures of building them and a picture of one cut in half after cooked. From the pictures you posted, I can't figure out how they are built.
Thanks.

It’s probably just as easy to explain. I heat both up on the stove while I’m getting everything out. Then open one and lay a slice of bread on, spread two tablespoons of sauce, two slices of pepperoni if you want pepperoni, 1.5 slices of good Mozzarella cheese, top with one more tablespoon of sauce, second piece of bread, close lid, trim excess bread, cook while turning over several times. I can make two in minutes and have them finished about the same time. The preheated irons assist bigtime. You can make pies the same way with canned pie filling. Warning don’t overfill it. Lol

I can’t believe you posted this. What a funny coincidence. I was just recently talking about these things we used when I a little kid. I need to get some, pronto.

I still have one of those in my camping gear, this post wants to make me use it again! 65'

Talking Pizza, The best pizza I ever had was off the wood stove in the shop. Bought a pizza and picked it up on the snowmobiles. When we got back it was cold so we put it on the wood stove.

We started the fire and got side tracked until we saw the pizza box sides burning. Quickly tried to grab it but only the top of the box came off. Slid the pizza onto a piece of sheet metal. It was the best ever.. Crisp but not burned and the best flavor ever.

Tried to duplicate it several times but never could it had that smoked shop WD40 taste. Mmm. Mmm good.

That Pizza with a snow chilled beer ? Doesn't get better then that sitting at the open shop door next to the wood stove. Looking out at the outline of the ski resort lights on the mountain through the falling snowflakes. Those were the Days. We were riding mid 70's Arctic Catson a 20" snowpack. Good ole days.

View attachment 1716042492

View attachment 1716042493

View attachment 1716042494

View attachment 1716042495

View attachment 1716042496

View attachment 1716042497

I wanted to find this earlier and I forgot till tonight. A racing friend of mine cooks these pizza at the track occasionally. He also cooks them at an upcoming practice tree race.

68FE48A3-1659-475D-87FF-F62D9A588B8B.jpeg

I have several of the cast iron sandwich makers in the camper.
The grandkids love it, because they get to make their own food.

They also make awesome griddle cheese sandwich's.

I used to make pizza from scratch at home, maybe these smaller treats would be a lot more fun and quicker.

Use your broiler. After the cheese has melted, place under the broiler on high and watch it until it starts to brown. Only takes a min or two on high.
You wanna know what else is damn good after being browned in the broiler, asparagus

You wanna know what else is damn good after being browned in the broiler, asparagus

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Asparagus is NEVER good. Ever.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Asparagus is NEVER good. Ever.
Now I know what happened to you lol, no asparagus. I'll cook and burn some, bring it over and promise you'll want more.
(By, I'll. I mean my wife)
It was a very good accident

-
Back