Camping calamity

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
We had planned this church camping trip a year in advance, got 4 adjacent spots at a nice Malibu beach camp site and had a very good time the last 2 times we had gone. Forecast was for 40% chance of rain but we were committed. Holy cow, we got swamped! It was nice and cloudy cool for the day and then the drops started falling just as the sun went down (which was pretty early in the valley) just barely and then stopped, we thought it missed us. Next morning, typical morning gloom and mist, lightened up, had a good breakfast and then all hell broke loose. Really started coming down so I sent my kid to the tent and we were 12 deep under a small EZ up drinking coffee and bloody Mary's shooting the ****. Well, my kid in the tent started to get a little alarmed so he calls me in to show me the dripping roof of the tent. Oh man, I think and then I hear this "woosh" next thing I know Im looking straight down at my kid! The tent pulled up its stakes and blew over my side with me in it over the center section, like a little microburst. The EZup that we were under collapsed on top of my wife and 2 taller guys, my wife ran out from under it and helped hold another tent from flying away. All the other older kids came running to my tent to see if we were ok and then it was over, carnage! After that, the tents were no longer structuraly sound so we started packing up..in the rain. Packing turned to stuffing wet crao in the back of cars and we were out of there after about 20 minutes. Soaking wet, cold and still in pretty high spirits since were were going home to hot showers and hot food. A 19hr camping trip that we will never forget.

Now I know why I have 33' travel trailer lol glad everyone safe

Oh yeah, the best part of it was when my 6 year old kid was looking up at me with a scared look ,holding the tent up off him, and then giggled.." Oh Daddy, that was...AWESOME!!!!!" OK, we are good.....!

Now I know why I have 33' travel trailer lol glad everyone safe

Well ya know trailers blow over too!!

camperbike-ed01-537x356.jpg

12716001_BG1.JPG

4f723921ae53f.image.jpg

-
Back