Camshaft question

-

1973dartswinger

Reaction score
Crazy long shot question here guys. I bought a 360 from a guy a few years back, slightly built motor, but he lost the camshaft specs. These are the markings I that I see in it just wondering if anyone had any clue on what it could be? thanks a lot
Mike

3ECB84ED-92AF-42CF-B660-C3C7C122A32C.jpeg

29A47798-C8B1-47F8-96DE-D391B6A040C8.jpeg

what do you want to know about it

pretty much make and manufacture if possible. Anything anyone may know. I searched here and looked on Google to see if I could find one with similar markings but no luck. I know I’ll probably have to measure it and such to get the actual lift but didn’t know if the markings looked a specific brand or such.

The ones on the cam snout are what will tell you what it is, I do not know myself though. The other markings you can disregard.

You can get the valve lift at the cam by using a caliper to get the distance across a lob from the base circle to the lob high point.
You can get the duration and LSA by putting the cam back in the block with the crank and one piston-rod and one lifter the timing set and a degree wheel.

I doubt you will get any info from the #s. Have to put in a block & degree it. My guess is 7207 is a date code, 72nd day 2007.

What's all those numbers in the shadow under that line of X's? That might tell us something.

there isn’t any numbers mixed into theses xxxxxs which had me thinking it has to be some type of distinguishable marking. The only thing is the letter E stamped next to the xxxxxx

there isn’t any numbers mixed into theses xxxxxs which had me thinking it has to be some type of distinguishable marking. The only thing is the letter E stamped next to the xxxxxx
Comp does that on some of their custom grinds. I wonder if it's a custom someone had ground? I would measure the lift. If you have a spare block you can put a degree wheel on it.

Comp does that on some of their custom grinds. I wonder if it's a custom someone had ground? I would measure the lift. If you have a spare block you can put a degree wheel on it.

sounds good I’m going to talk to my cousin about measuring it. He’s the brains of the operation

-
Back