• No

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
-

Sinner

Reaction score
image.png
image.png
Hey guys so quick question. I can not find a used driveshaft for my barracuda anywhere but I did find a 67 mustang drive shaft that was hooked up to a 8 inch rear end with a ford c4 tranny. Would it work? Can I make it work or do I need to change out the back end? He also has the pinion yoke. I asked him to measure and he said it looks 48ft long and 3 inches for the diameter

NO WAY, that thing couldn't even be trusted to have a straight yoke.

Uh, did he pull that mustang off the bottom of a lake before pulling the driveshaft? Yikes. :eek:

Yeah no, don't use that. By the time you bought it, had it cut to the right length and changed the u-joints over you wouldn't be too far off having the driveshaft shop that did all that work just build you a new one.

conversation started... I have one in denver that may work, you just gotta come get it...

JOE

Thats rubber band power right there. The 2 tubes are bonded together like a balancer with rubber. The yokes are wrong anyway. Keep looking.

Find a driveshaft shop and have one made. They aren't that expensive, and you will know it is good.

Fords don't make power like Mopars do . So I wouldn't put that on even a slanty,heehee. Maybe you could put it on a chebby, but even then you'd be taking a chance.....

That kinda talk is just ridiculous and stupid. Neither is like you.

In this case however, there are better drive shafts to use. The definition of hot rodding is makin what you have work, but I would rather build one from scratch than use that. The pressed together tubes isn't just a Ford thing either. GM and Mopar both used similar shafts as well. For HP use though, a solid tube would be better.

A friend ,I helped: 67 Nova post,caged 4:30's in the 12 bolt.327 small journal (big heads,big solid ,bla bla), He borrowed one of these crappy (this actual drive shaft style...) turds... He ran it,(drop the clutch at 3500 - 4000,pull the trigger a 6800-7000...(four speed Muncie..) We did a chalk line on both drive shaft parts,it was rotating during each pass...He had a one piece properly one built,he picked up two tenths... Not even going to mention of possible damage ,to the drive train & and safety....

I have had three driveshafts built. I can say with certainty that they work well and look great. I can also say with certainty that they aren't cheap. If you build one to run on the track and add the 1350 yokes and such, it is a pretty penny but will last the life of the car ... hopefully.

-
Back