Can a cast crank survive in front of a 4 speed?

-

71dusterdan

Reaction score
That pretty much sums it up. Will my stock 360 crank survive in a street car with a 4 gear! Seems all the muscle era cranks were forged in front of 4 speeds! I'm just gonna make some noise, rev it to around 5500, bang some downshifts, and beat up some curvy roads. Thanks Dan

dont see why it shouldnt work and last

my brother have a cast in his 360 for the last 4 years

That pretty much sums it up. Will my stock 360 crank survive in a street car with a 4 gear! Seems all the muscle era cranks were forged in front of 4 speeds! I'm just gonna make some noise, rev it to around 5500, bang some downshifts, and beat up some curvy roads. Thanks Dan

I had one in my 74 360 factory Dart sport 4sp., I brew nitrous through it several times, The "key" is a well prepped/balanced bottom end, make sure the crank is true & polished & the block is alligned, trans spline is all good, good quality clutch/disc assemble along with a good flywheel & you should have no issues, of coarse this applies to any engine cast crank or not. There are guys running in the 10s with cast crank 4sp. SB mopars, maybe even faster, but of coarse they have alot more block prep & main studs ect.

Thanks guys, I figured it would, just seems I heard somewhere years ago that manual trans needed forged cranks! Cant remember where I heard it, or even if it was reputable! I will proceed full speed ahead then!

-
Back