Can anyone help to identify these lenses?

-

physixx

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I have these lenses that appear to be 1967 reverse light? lenses but I can’t find anything more about what the application is. In the pics you can see the R 67 L so it appears it’s for either side and at least for a 1967 vehicle. The number cast into the back of both lenses is 2606495. Can anyone help with identifying these?

Thanks
Ken

IMG_4005.jpg
IMG_4007.jpg
IMG_4008.jpg

Based on the 67, that’s likely the year that the mold was built.

That's what I figured so it's got to be for a 1967 and newer vehicle.

they look a lot like 66-67 charger but the pattern is wrong

The R is Belvedere as the 'base' body type, so for 1967 Plymouth B-body.

They look like '67 backup lenses for Belvedere, GTX, etc??? ***EDIT*** nope, curvatures not there.

Might be a good candidate for the recycling bin. :(

The design is a bit different. The center part is raised for perhaps a bezel. and you can't see the SAE R 67 L lettering. Plus the numbers are different. I'm not going to worry about it. Just recycle them. No big deal.

67 C-Body Wagon Back-up? it is one digit off the assembly number.

Alan

This is what Classic Industry sells for the 67 Dart. Those grooves are vertical while the ones that I have are horizontal.

upload_2022-3-9_18-43-43.jpeg

IMG_4005.jpg

They are flat. They measure 4 11/16" wide and 1 7/8" tall.

IMG_4009.jpg
IMG_4010.jpg

The R means reverse. The L means Dart. 67 is the first year the lens was used, if multiple years. 65 and 67 Belvedere use the same park lamp lens and all the 67’s have 65 on the lenses.

go look at a reverse lens and see what is molded into it. They have an R before the year then a letter for the car line. Look at all the lenses you own and read the codes it all makes sense.

L Dart
B Barracuda
R ply mid size
W dodge mid size
C Chrysler
P Plymouth full size
D dodge full size
J challenger 70-74

I’ve owned dozens of 66-67 b bodies, these lenses are not the those cars.

Last edited:
And I thought the L and R meant left and right. Duh. Thanks 413!

Offer it up as a $5 2022 mystery prize.[/QUOTE]

I just may do that. Any takers? Cheap! LOL!

The difference between left and right (if there is any) is odd or even part numbers most often.

-
Back