Can anyone identify this hood???

-

racegirl13

Reaction score
Hello, wonder if any one can give me some info. about this hood, i bought it in a lot of speed equip. Im told its an early 70s cuda hood made for or by a race team.. can you prove this right or wrong???
-Very high quality matte black fiberglass, looks factory made
-has hinges on back, pins on front
-has part # sw 30-1 (I think, its stamped backwards & hard to read)

Ive tried to research for pics but the closest ive come is a challenger TA, which is close but not it. Im not real good with my mopars yet, so any help would be really appreciated.... see pics.... Thank You!!!!
IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

Can't figure it........

The inside is cut for a Shaker, but the top is standard Hemi style......Not sure.........Rumble would probably know.........

That looks like it will fit 1970-1974 Cuda/Barracuda E-body models. It may be a hood Sox & Martin sold through their performance catalog, my buddy has a hood for his 69 Bee that came from there, if so, pretty rare!!

I Would Say Its Deffinately A CUDA Hood.
Its NOT A S&M Hood Though...It Would Be Printed Underneath And MOST ALL Fiberglass Companies Put A Paper Molded To The Bottom Side OR A Scribe On The Bottom Side Telling Info(Mfr,model,date).
The Bottom Of This Hood Is Different Than Any Others I Have Seen.A S&M Hood Wouldnt Have Been Finished Like This Underneath.I Dont Think The Hood Is All That Old(Deffinately Not An Early 70's Piece)..
I Have Had Several Of Ronnies Hoods And Several Of Everyone Elses Over The Years And This Is Not One I Remember Seeing..

SS

70/71 Cuda, true it is stamped for a shaker however it has the six-pack top. It sort of looks like a Mr. Norms Grand Spaulding hood

Don't know what it is, but I know what it is not. It is not a '60/'70s piece. Looking at the finish...I'd say late '80s, '90s. Most likely a two piece job...shaker bracing, and six-pack skin. Saves money...one bracing for different skins.

I have a customer that has something similar... as near as I can tell, someone toke the steel skin off of a stock hood and stuck on a fiberglass race hood to the metal frame... looked like fiberglass from outside, but functioned as stock.... it weighed a lot , and was done at a restotation shop in whashington state

-
Back