Can i get a 67-67 notchback barracuda driver for this or am i crazy?

-

70dusterpink

Reaction score
hey guys.... a little background info... i had a 1970 duster 340... (non numbers it was bright pink) One day a friend stopped by and asked what i was doing with it and i said right now nothing.. he offered me a good amount about what i had into it ($4500) and long story short he towed it home...

now im back and im not looking for a major project like the duster was... im looking for a notchback 67-69 barracuda... something i can drive while fixing it up a peice at a time... a 318 car is even fine.. just has to be a v8.. a stick woud be awesome to... im 22 and just love the style of a notchback...

is it possible to find a driver conditon car for $4000-$5000? or am i just wishing on stars here?

I would say yes, if you are patient and if you are willing to look far and wide...

Well thats good news... ive seen a couple nice ones for $8000 wih really nice paint and interior... i wouldnt even need nice paint.. i could do a amateur job at my house... nice interior would be a plus...

ill be looking on ebay/craigslist/and this forum for something decent .

thanks

I don't see why you couldn't find something decent in that price range that needs paint.

Good Luck!

It took me over two years to find the car I wanted... I just kept looking and saving money where I could just in case something nicer came along...

I sure hope so! i been looking all morning to no avail... keeping up the search

I sure hope so! i been looking all morning to no avail... keeping up the search

Under four hours since your first post and you expect to have found one already? If you are in a super big hurry to find one the answer is most likely be no. These just aren't everywhere and it takes time and patience to locate something that is decent. You can jump up and buy a money pit that needs everything a lot quicker but you will be kicking youself in the rear when you find out that it will take far more money than you thought to get it nice.

Keep in mind that the body parts are more expensive and much harder to find then most a body cars. I have seen real nice grilles on a 69 bring around $500 for each side. They are a one year part only. The 1967 and 1968 Barracuda hood and nose panel are two years only. The 69 nose panel is one year only. Find the best body you possibley can because it will save you mega dollars in the long run.

There was one out here in CA not too far from me for $5,500. Never looked at it in person but based on the ad I would say it would have been a good driver.

Don't see a ton of notch's out there, seems like they get a higher price than the Duster's and Dart's. But I think if you're patient you should be able to find something in that price range that you could drive. I bought all 3 of my A-bodies for less than that combined. Of course, only 1 of them drives...

im in no rush as of right now.. just like looking.. found a nice fasback one for $6000 on craiglsit with a 440... but i want a notchabck...

keeping up the search... will keep updated in the following weeks...

Sometimes you come across a few that are in exceptional condition and are priced very reasonable because there slant 6 cars, just swap in a V8 at some point, if you don't care for a matching number 8 cylinder car.

hey guys.... a little background info... i had a 1970 duster 340... (non numbers it was bright pink) One day a friend stopped by and asked what i was doing with it and i said right now nothing.. he offered me a good amount about what i had into it ($4500) and long story short he towed it home...

now im back and im not looking for a major project like the duster was... im looking for a notchback 67-69 barracuda... something i can drive while fixing it up a peice at a time... a 318 car is even fine.. just has to be a v8.. a stick woud be awesome to... im 22 and just love the style of a notchback...

is it possible to find a driver conditon car for $4000-$5000? or am i just wishing on stars here?
I would say the possibility is good. Body and floor work take alot off the vehicles value. Good luck in the search

Thanks! I have hope! Just keep on looking high and low...

I can weld in some floors not a problem!

I guess the question is what is driver condition. If it just needs to run & drive then yes. If you mean a current daily driver with a 10 foot paint job and no rust then I say No way. In fact I'd easily pay $7500 for a rust free daily driver. Yes the deals are still out there but at $4,000 - $5,000 It's going to be a project car

Doesn't even need a 10 footer... It could be 3 different colors... As I'll be repainting it...

My budget has wiggle room also... Just a hopeful price

Hey Krazykuda, Thanks for the recommendation.

70dusterpink, I have a 68 notch that could be made into a daily driver with a little work. It's not far off. But........if you're looking for a real daily driver out of the box, I have a 65 Dart Charger for sale too, looking for $5900. It's the one in my signature. I know you're looking for a Notch specifically but thought it couldn't hurt to mention it.

Thanks,
Bruce

-
Back