can i use 73 duster lca for my bbp disc swap in my 65 valiant?

-

65valiantcali

Reaction score
I have lcas out of 73 duster along with brake set up.I was wondering if i can use the lcas from the 73 in my 65 valiant.I understand they are the same length in all abodys? but with the early a bodys is this a problem? i want to put the new lca bushings in 73 lca now so it will be quick for the disc brake swap. :happy1: thanks in advance for advice! If they wont work i will just use my 65 lcas thanks.:burnout:

:glasses7: I have rms adjustable ucas with heim joints ends.Those are going in with new 1"tbars,lower ball joints moog,new uca ball joints,idler arm,strut rod bushings,brake lines. lca moog bushings Thank you for clearing that up for me!:prayer::prayer: starting conversion today.:blob: thanks for your time .have a great day.

:happy1:Nice setup qa1 shocks heavy duty tie rods nice! Only reason i was asking is i have the 73lca in a box an want to put in the bushings n clean them up n paint them for quick install so it will save me the time instead of using mine that are on the car now.just pull mine off and put the 73 lcas that i will prep first with paint n bushings first.:blob: Your 66 looks great with your mods! thats what i am doing to mine cant wait!:burnout: Thanks for your time and your pics . have a good day now.:glasses7:

Pettyblu:

Have you driven this setup much? I am curious how the solid UCA joints behave on the road, as well as how the RMS struts are working for you.

B.

The only reason to change the LCA is to get sway bar brackets. If you do, the early A's had the sway bar brackets in a different place, so you would need a later sway bar to match, and I don't know if the vehicle width is the same (LCA bolt-bolt distance). While you can bolt an aftermarket sway bar to a non-bracket LCA (recall at the shock mount), you might consider welding on brackets. There was at least one FABO post of a home-made welded-on bracket that looked as good or better than factory.

Yeah, I have seen the magnum stuff too. They look good, it would be nice to have some feedback on them from an owner too.

The question is, have you put many miles on them? How bad is the road noise / vibration with solid ends rather than rubber bushings?

Thanks

B.

-
Back