Can i use 75 duster seats in a 75 dart sport

-

cinimod2

Reaction score
So im looking at a new front and rear bench seat for my 75 dart sport. I know that the duster was practically the same car so does that mean that the bench seats from the duster will fit in my dart sport? The new rear seat im getting has the fold down capability which my car currently doesnt have could i convert to the fold down rear seat?
Thanks for any help in advanced dom

the front seat will work, but not sure on the back

You can convert the fold down rear seat to the non fold down rear seat car. Just know its gonna be a *****! You'll need the ENTIRE setup to do it though (best way is to have the donor car a personal parts car so you can spend time going over it before you make the cut).

Duster and Dart Sport = same seats.
I believe the seat bases are all the same (can verify if needed).
Fold down seat back is totally different (smaller) from non-folder. The package tray, and support framing are different. There are extra trim pieces to cover where the smaller seat leaves wheelwell area exposed.

not all dart sports had the fold down rear seat though in my experience???...so if he has a regular bench rear coming from the dart the seat swap for BOTH front and back will be a "bolt-in" and go! Best of luck!

He's asking if he can put a fold down rear seat in his car that has the regular seat. Not without major modification.

So the front bench should bolt right in and same with the base for the back seat. Could I just mount the back without having the folding capability or do I still need to convert everything?

No you can't mount the fold down part with out changing it

If you really want a fold down seat I could sell the parts after I CUT them out of a Duster I'm chopping up for parts. It would not be a small project to put them in your car.

You probably won't want my parts as the seat would be part of the package. Not sure yet what I'd want for it.

-
Back