Can I Use This Wire?

-

olddman

Reaction score
I have a previous post that started off with flickering lights and has now moved on to where I am in the process of making a new wiring harness for my 1965 Dart. I have already made the forward light harness and am about to finish the engine harness. Has been a chore getting the correct colored wire, but I have managed to all the colors except for one. Have not been able to get 16-gauge blue with white stripe wire. Does anyone know where I can buy this size/color wire?
Found some 18-gauge blue with white stripe and was wondering if someone can tell me if I could use this size wire. The wire will have a run of about 6 feet going from field terminal on alternator to VR.

Why are you obsessing over this? You surely have blue? Use that. Actually, sometimes you can find scrap lengths of wire on ebay..............

Go you a junkyard and start searching. I found a wire on a 90s pickup that I needed. Junkyard let me have it for free.

That wire can be 16 or 18g, its not a heavy load carrying wire. You can paint a strip on a blue wire: run it over a skateboard wheel dipped in paint. There is a business I delivered to here that only stripes wire so there seems to be a market for this stuff and that is how they do it. Reel it over a paint roller onto another take up reel. Paint must dry pretty fast as they roll these at about 2 fps.

Found some 14-gauge white with blue stripe in a tub that I put odds and ends in. Will just go ahead and use that. Thanks for the ideas.

You can mark the proper gauge blue with a white paint marker, or use small wraps of elec.tape. You will realize looking at it that it's "marked"

-
Back