Can somebody please identify these disc spindles

-

Mtrhead

Ace of Spades ♠️
Reaction score
I bought these disc brake spindles at a swap meet and the man really didn't know what they are for ..Does anyone on this site know what they are for the spindles are a little taller than A body ones..Any help is much appreciated thanks, Will

20231204_143547.jpg

20231204_143612.jpg

I heard I could use them on an a body and it would correct the Caster or camber

F body would have had slider type caliper brackets, I think. Those have pin type caliper brackets. If you have any BBP A body rotors around, see how the inner wheel bearing fits those spindles. If it's to big, those might be 72 or 73 B body spindles. 73 B bodies had some weird K frame that was isolated from the frame rails with rubber bushings and the spindles were taller to compensate for the thickness of the bushings. Jim @hemi71x can probably eye ball em and tell you exactly what they are.

:thumbsup:

I need a clear picture of the spindles with the rotors, and dust shields removed from them.
What's the center to center, bolt hole spacing of the ball joints to the spindle?
Another way to help us out here, is to measure spacing for the caliper mount brackets.
If the spacing is 3.125 they are for the standard 10.87 inch rotor, and if 3.5 inches for the 11.75 inch rotor found on Cordoba's and Magnum's.
Some 73 up B body cars, did get "pin type" calipers, depending on the assembly plant.
No, they're not "F" body spindles.

Caliper mount measurement picture (Small).jpg

The caliper adapters for the 11.75" rotors measures 3.5" (dim. "A") from the center of the "pin" holes to the center of the mounting holes. The optional adapter (for 14" wheels/10.87" rotors) measures 3.125" C-C (Dim "B").

Last edited:
Big thanks Jim !! will disassemble and send pictures tomorrow..

They are not 70-2 B/E as those use a flat dust shield. 73-up used the ribbed dust shield. The lower ball joint bracket says 73-8 B body to me. I agree with Jim on the slider/pin thing. I've had 73-up A and B bodies with both pin or slider.

'70-2 B and E bodies use pin type calipers. '73-up A and E bodies are sliders.

-
Back