Can someone ID this.. restoring 71 Demon..

-

Skezix

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well its been over a year, this was placed in my "dont lose ever" spot.. I have been looking at it for ever it seems and today I went to connect my shifter linkage thinking forever now that this must have been the parts.. Obviously not after I picked it up. Anyone have a clue or has this been sitting there through a few restorations now and I am losing my mind? The ladder maybe correct. Thanks.

thumbnail_20240125_142402.jpg

Last edited:
The piece on the left is a single-edge razor blade.
The rest looks like linkage bushings for a column shifter, for an early A?

The piece on the left is a single-edge razor blade.
The rest looks like linkage bushings.
Heh.. exactly.. Yet apparently not for the demon I am working on, it must have been something previous and I ended up machining something to work as this sat there. Diameter is smaller than the A body linkage pin that comes up from the transmission.. No clue.. it will go back into my "dont lose this" spot and sit there until I figure it out.

Last edited:
Those look like wiper motor mount bushings,

1706232702936.png

Similar but the metal is actually the bushing, the rubber is inside with the two little plastic bushings that slide into the rubber..

Welcome to my life i packaged everything up neatly when stripping the duster and even labeled. Now reading my labels some make little sense haha. I dont have anything like that that i recall, only thing i didnt pull apart was the column linkages. Nothing to do with wipers either.
Looks like the rubbers press into a hole maybe to stop a vibration or something. Had a look through all my take away containers and cant see anything the same.

This ^^^ is why I have this rule: Never take a car apart any farther than what is absolutely necessary.

☆☆☆☆☆

Agree however given i wanted to go back to bare metal and motor swap, wasnt much left to leave on other than diff and front suspension lol However if you see my build thread you will see nearly finished body so now the fun begins
This ^^^ is why I have this rule: Never take a car apart any farther than what is absolutely necessary.

☆☆☆☆

Ya I bag everything in a restoration, printed labels with corresponding pg numbers to the assembly manual(s). If I restore something its frame off all bolts wheeled/treated replaced if needed. I have a spot where I put things if I get interrupted or have to leave in a hurry generally to come back and label. This has been sitting there for sometime.. as I said it might be from a previous restoration, I just cannot place it. Figured someone might recognize it if it is actually from an A body Mopar. This pic is always my starting point.

thumbnail_20230728_143320.jpg

Ya I bag everything in a restoration, printed labels with corresponding pg numbers to the assembly manual(s). If I restore something its frame off all bolts wheeled/treated replaced if needed. I have a spot where I put things if I get interrupted or have to leave in a hurry generally to come back and label. This has been sitting there for sometime.. as I said it might be from a previous restoration, I just cannot place it. Figured someone might recognize it if it is actually from an A body Mopar. This pic is always my starting point.

View attachment 1716197688
Very nice mine is similar except still have the wheels on mine, nearly ready for colour then the fun begins

-
Back