Can someone identify this wheel?

-

Hyper Kevin

Reaction score
I found this steering wheel in my basement. I think it's for an a-body barracuda but I'm not sure. Can anyone identify what car it belongs to?

Attachments

• wheel.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 443
I found this steering wheel in my basement. I think it's for an a-body barracuda but I'm not sure. Can anyone identify what car it belongs to?

The wheel in my Cuda is narrower on the three bars and doesn't have the slots. Maybe a Rally type wheel?

I had one like that in a 68 charger years ago, but I don't know if it was original to that car.

x3 for a Charger steering wheel. That's what's in my '69 Charger. It was probably in other cars too but I know Charger for sure.

Looks similar to 69 cuda, but the spokes look too narrow and the diameter on the wheel itself looks bigger...post some dimensions

Here is my 68 Cuda wheel. Not even close to a second gen....

Attachments

• DSCN1952.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 369
It's a solid black, not woodgrain.

I'll try to get dimensions tonight.

Then it's the optional 69 Barracuda only rally/sport steering wheel. Takes a horn button with a barracuda fish in the center, also one year only. It's a one year wheel technically, but really not worth more than a woodgrain wheel when needing resto or black.

That one need resto obviously. A little easier/cheaper to resto since it doesn't need woodgrain put on it.

Here is my 68 Cuda wheel. Not even close to a second gen....

It is because you don't have the optional steering wheel. There was an optional metal spoke woodgrain wheel available for the Barracuda. See number 573.
The black on the wheel pictured may be off another model or may have been redone in the past but the spokes appear to be correct.Below is three factory
photos from the Plymouth Dealership manual showing the metal three spoke wheel in a 1968 Barracuda.

68_Barracuda0003.jpg

Bill , thank you for clarifying that, i was searching my pics for that info but i couldnt find it

Bill, thats exactly what i was looking for. those wheels were optional for B bodies 68-70 and i think 68-69 A body only

Then it's the optional 69 Barracuda only rally/sport steering wheel. Takes a horn button with a barracuda fish in the center, also one year only. It's a one year wheel technically, but really not worth more than a woodgrain wheel when needing resto or black.

That one need resto obviously. A little easier/cheaper to resto since it doesn't need woodgrain put on it.

Looks like you have the color being a 69 wheel since this shows a leather like rim since it could be worn down.

69_Barracuda0012.jpg

Bill, thats exactly what i was looking for. those wheels were optional for B bodies 68-70 and i think 68-69 A body only

The woodgrain version was 68-70 B body, 68-69 A Body.

69 Barracuda was only one with the colored wheel like you have.

My 69 Barracuda wheel.

Attachments

• 100_0447 (600 x 400).jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 280
  • uncle dannys car 1 005.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 280
My 69 B-Cuda F/B has a red and white stock interior, and that is the steering wheel that came on the car, the steering wheel is red also.

barracudadave67

-
Back