can we please talk width and length ?????????????????

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
that's as in cranck and piston/rod choice!!!!!!!!!

i am putting the numbers correct engine back into the fc7 dart, but am looking for ballz out of it, without going extreme.
i am not looking for any huge h.p numbers, but yet a unknown figure more than the normal 340s' i have had.
all were stoke bore and stroke. nothing too radical at all

now. please fill me in on what to do. i am keeping the looking original, so i will be re-using the intake, and pretty stocj heads. no aluminum

can i use a 360 crank in the 340 and have the mains turned down? if i can, anyone have a part number for the pistong and rods that would be needed? do i need to use over-sized pistons?

I don't like the idea of turning down a cast crank........... But, I guess done right.......

Why not get stroker crank?

money!

i was just looking into the idea, to see if there was a budget way to get-er-done

I think, if this is the numbers block, it should stay 340. Trying to do too much will increase the odds of problems and adding oddball stroke combos will cost a lot more in the end to get running. So for me, stick a small solid lifter cam in it, build it for 9.5:1 compression, and go have fun. You should have no trouble making an honest 320-350hp with modern machining, good assembly, and good "off the shelf" parts. And it won't wear itself out or cost mountains.

money!

i was just looking into the idea, to see if there was a budget way to get-er-done

used the 10.1 pistons clean port the heads , have the hardeing seats put in cut the heads .045 shaved them run a thin .022 gasket and put a 509 cam run a 3.91 3.55 gear 2500 to 2800 converter clen the exhaust ports up a little and intake ports too u can do most of the work and it will run like ........... well you will be happy its the same set up in my orange duster

-
Back