can we talk vac pump?

-

OiiiiiiO

Reaction score
i put an aerospace on my 440 and today at the mopar nats first pass, the canister actually overflowed with oil and it was blowing out the breather as well. obviously something was done wrong and it was my bad, i'm sure. :)
13406814_10206857619343291_3241855852141312412_n.jpg
i think i know where i went wrong but does anyone out there ever had a learning experience with one of these things. in the pic there is the fitting coming out of the valve cover. is placement wrong with the fitting and of course there is no baffle? ok,,,,,,,let me have it,,,,,,i can take it. thanks yall

i put an aerospace on my 440 and today at the mopar nats first pass, the canister actually overflowed with oil and it was blowing out the breather as well. obviously something was done wrong and it was my bad, i'm sure. :)View attachment 1714960163 i think i know where i went wrong but does anyone out there ever had a learning experience with one of these things. in the pic there is the fitting coming out of the valve cover. is placement wrong with the fitting and of course there is no baffle? ok,,,,,,,let me have it,,,,,,i can take it. thanks yall
pic is too small for my old as$ to tell much, but do you have the other valve cover closed completely off ?

pic is too small for my old as$ to tell much, but do you have the other valve cover closed completely off ?
i thought the pic would expand if you clicked on it. well, old arse here too. ;) the other valve cover, i have a regulator and it's adjusted according to the instructions. you know, there is no mention of a baffle, which i find interesting. unless they take for granted that no one is a moron. ;)
13346544_10206857618263264_8160050359484097940_n (1).jpg
if you can look closely at the pic the hose is going straight into the front of the cover. i believe i need to fab some sort of a baffle. well, i'll try to shoot another pic on here. maybe it will be easier to see (?) hey thanks (try clicking on full image) (?)

I would baffle the fitting in the cover, and raise the level of the catch can if at all possible. You are making it to easy for liquid oil to get into the system and sit there.

You have an air leak in the engine somewhere. They can be hard to trace down and it doesn't have to be very big so it takes some work to seal up an engine tight. Make a fitting for your valve cover bung and hook your air compressor up (regulate it down to about 5psi) and pressurize the engine with air. That should show you where the leak is.

-
Back