Can you believe this?

-
Like I said before, Formula, it is a malicious act done to inflame negative public perception. It is added unnecessary exposure which it appears falls in line with your approved harassment of law abiding gun permit owners.

It's not an invasion of privacy..

Maybe, maybe not.

In the state of Idaho, it is NOT a matter of public record, specifically by LAW.

Such things as vehicle registration MIGHT be public record, but I guarantee you that if you call up the local dispatch center here, wanting someone's registration off a license plate, it would NOT be provided. In fact, officers of the law must be able to demonstrate "cause" to get someone's license/ registration info. There was recently a cop fired in this neck of the woods, for trying to find out details on some woman he was attempting to date? stalk?

I hope this isn't available everywhere!

Map: Where are the gun permits in your neighborhood?

http://www.lohud.com/interactive/ar...gun-permits-your-neighborhood-?nclick_check=1

I don't get what the big deal is.

I see two things here:

1. if you have an aversion to guns, now you can see if the house you're buying is surrounded with neighbors who are into guns.

2. The opposite, now if you love guns, now you know your neighbors love them to and you can *think* your neighborhood is safer.

I don't get what the big deal is..

This is a VERY big deal

This is no different than some public access to any other property you might own.

Joe Blow, pubic record:

1--owns 4500.00 in hand tools

2--owns 2 Miller welders, combined worth, 4000.00

3--owns Canon photography equipment worth 7500.00

4--owns entertainment equipment worth etc etc etc

3--Mrs. Joe Blow owns 25,000.00 in jewelry

etc, etc, etc.

Now all we have to do is find out when Joe might be out of town, and stop by his joint.

This was posted by some nut who is OBVIOUSLY against gun ownership, as most everyday folk don't have the time and money to access such records and then paste them up for everybody to see.

It sure as HELL was not posted up for some alleged "public service," unless you are talking about the anti gun nuts in the world, or the thieves and burglars.

This is a VERY big deal

This is no different than some public access to any other property you might own.

Joe Blow, pubic record:

1--owns 4500.00 in hand tools

2--owns 2 Miller welders, combined worth, 4000.00

3--owns Canon photography equipment worth 7500.00

4--owns entertainment equipment worth etc etc etc

3--Mrs. Joe Blow owns 25,000.00 in jewelry

etc, etc, etc.

Now all we have to do is find out when Joe might be out of town, and stop by his joint.

This was posted by some nut who is OBVIOUSLY against gun ownership, as most everyday folk don't have the time and money to access such records and then paste them up for everybody to see.

It sure as HELL was not posted up for some alleged "public service," unless you are talking about the anti gun nuts in the world, or the thieves and burglars.

I think you're taking things a little too far. first off, said person would have to know "joe" to know when he's out of town and even then, its a bigger risk because if said criminal is wrong, he's likely to get killed breaking in.

And given the number of shootings from nutjobs with guns lately, i'd say its safe to call it a public service for people who don't want to live in areas with a high concentration of guns.

Some of you guys would love the internal turmoil this issues causes me. Obviously, as a pro-gun control left-wing liberal, i take the point that this is public information and that my gun licence shouldn't be any more private than my drivers licence or my dog licence, but as a licenced gun owner (heirloom shotgun and a small bore rifle), I would be very concerned if my address and name were published, given the risk of a criminal coming for my firearms.

In a balanced argument, surely the decision would be not to publish this on the basis of making access to firearms easier for criminals.

Interesting issue. Thanks, OP.

Whew! Looks like there is not a single gun it Chicago...I feel so much safer now LOL!

But seriously, I am sure every state has the same type of chart/graph noting every registered gun owner. With today's tech, plotting this type of info is a piece of cake. It is what it is.

Pat

-
Back