Can you ID this manifold ? Look closely …

-
I need to find a stock one to compare side by side to see if there are any runner differences. Mopar had to do some casting changes to eliminate the cross over , choke and EGR so maybe they gave a little help to runners ?

What advantage would this have over a stock 340 intake drilled to fit the W2 pattern?

I don’t know if the deleted cross over etc freed up any runner routing to allow better flow or porting potential. Would need to compare side by side.

The point of the thread was to peak curiosity and show a novel Mopar part . Have had many people say they don’t exist over the years .

It reminds me of the LD340 T/A intake that a member had posted a while back. It has a Chrysler casting number, so it looks like it may have been part of the same program.

DAA2F515-9287-49F4-B427-6B547E928F6A.png

C7FCB8B1-FEAA-4175-ACE7-1669343497BE.png

1A446811-C901-4E77-AD8D-8C848886A75E.png

What advantage would this have over a stock 340 intake drilled to fit the W2 pattern?
I think that was made just to fit the rules for us grass roots racers. Just a stock intake w/modified attachment holes and everything else that is obviously unmachined.

I think that was made just to fit the rules for us grass roots racers. Just a stock intake w/modified attachment holes and everything else that is obviously unmachined.
except the crossover , EGR and choke well were cast into the production version . I am not sure how much work was involved in deleting them ? But maybe they tweeked some other items in the process . ….

Looks like a late model 360 Intake possibly one of the last years .The water outlet is moved for A/C comp
That’s exactly what it “almost” was but the factory modified which you can see with the intake bolt holes moved. This intake was made for the grass roots racers that need to follow the rules in some race bodies that state, “Cast Iron Intake” because that’s what came stock…..

LMAO, good ol MoPar helping us cheat….. kind of….

360 version vs W2.
there are quite a few differences. Mostly in the deleted or undrilled fitting bosses . Which allows the runners to be cleaned up without fear of breaking thru to a bolt hole or having a gaping hole to disturb airflow .

5554EA06-0861-4DC1-A466-D13528F49AE1.jpeg

650F305F-70E7-43C9-80FC-81EF585AEAD6.jpeg

Mopar part number P5249194 it’s a 4 bbl intake, square port drilled for the W2 heads. It was for the guys who had to run a stock intake. They also had a 2bbl one P5249193 also for the circle track guys who had to run a “stock” intake.

-
Back