Can you ID this unusual car?

-

Idaho

Reaction score
Ran across this the other day and had to take a pic as I don't believe I've ever seen one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 496
I was going to say Nash something, but no surprise Rani beat me to it and with much more detail!

my family's yard still has a lot of really old cars that I see all the time but am not interested in because I only do from 67-75 Chrysler products.

But I have encountered a lot of Nash, Studebaker, international and 40s and 50s off brands. I think there is even a Packard or two.

Nash has the all too familiar front fender look. They look like the front tire cant turn ....its weird lol

Attachments

• CIMG1786.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 485
Personally, I kind of like the old Nash cars. I would REALLY love to find one of these: [ame]https://youtu.be/u0KQQTjYNVQ[/ame]

This just screams old-school cool to me...

Lol, yeah me too. Put Mopar floor mats in it though. The grill sort of looks like a Nash Healey but I thought those were all two door cars.

Yep a Nash,, My Brother had a station wagon that he bought for $5.Built like a tank. I think one fender is heavier than a new KIA

When I was growing up, we had a 54. I hated it. It was ugly, and hard to park. Of course then, I never "pawked" it I was too young. Our's had the optional "Continental Tire Kit" which my father cussed every single day he owned it. This is not our car, it's a photo off the www. It IS however, exactly like ours.

3913347255_4f04828e0e.jpg

And of course, "a story."

Our car had a bad right rear door, so that door ALWAYS remained locked, closed. As the eldest son, it was my job to get out of the rear left, and hold the door for whoever was in the back seat

One day in March we got home from church, and I dutifully held the door. My sister slid out of the seat, jumped flat-footed on the ground, and splashed mud all over my only pair off good Sunday shoes and trousers

Now, I had heard "this phrase," probably from my father, and "this phrase" simply ROLLED, poetically, rythmically, effortlessly off the tongue. "This phrase" was absolutely gorgeous.

I had no idea what it really meant.

So I stood there, mud all over my good clothes, and I looked at her, and I said "that phrase."

"Well, you little bastard."

So of COURSE I got spanked, and sent to my room, and NO FRIED CHICKEN for dinner!!!

I REALLY hated that car!!!

This is an automatic column shift knob off a Nash. With the lever in the park position, you "lifted" the knob up towards the wheel to activate the starter

7.030-3129433.jpg

If you look very closely at the pass side tail light, you can see a finger device sticking down from about the middle. You hinged the top of the tail light up, and the fuel filler was inside there

1954%20Nash%20Ambassador%20Custom%20LeMans%20-%20rv.jpg

All these cars came with the "non optional" chest killer, heart stopping, spine paralyzing, spear head steering column. They had a strong, unbendable, direct steel connection to the frontmost part of the car

3914401831_cca26d2f85.jpg

You nailed it Rani. At first I was puzzled as I could not find one without the trim around the front signals.
You can see Statesman Super on the fender. Looks like a survivor. Interior surprisingly good. What I like is how unique it is. Nash had their own ideas.
Nice story Del.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 335
Found one without the trim.

Attachments

• Nash-Ambassador-Super-1956g.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 335
-Nash 50 something..... most kids of today have no idea what a "Nash" even is or was nevermind looked like......

Good eye Rani!!!!!

Can you ID this unusual car?

lmao.. What's so unusual about it?

btw, if you had one, you could attend any MoPar meet with it.

Nash - Rambler - American Moters - Eagle - MoPar

I would drive that one in the vid, all day long. It would be especially cool with the top chopped and air ride. :D

Another survivor I ran across on the same day.
I know, too easy but lets see who is first.
I guess this might be more in Rani's area of interest.

Attachments

• IMG_2855.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 176
'64 Chrysler Windsor.

I had a '64 Chrysler Saratoga 300. The Saratoga was Canadian only in '64. 383 pushbutton. Had the square steering wheel.

Another survivor I ran across on the same day.
I know, too easy but lets see who is first.
I guess this might be more in Rani's area of interest.

how cool you post that Newport/ New Yorker ....I was just drooling over a wagon version of that shown on the facebook wagons group.

Either version is cool but most here know I have a thing for wagons.

Attachments

• 1964ChryslerNewYorker_01_700.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 178
-
Back