Can you identify these motor mounts?

-

65s

Reaction score
Is this a slant 6 K-frame with 318 mounts, with a homemade piece on the passenger side?

The motor seems to sit crooked and I think these mounts are the problem. I'm thinking the schumacher slant 6 to V8 kit is what I need, right?

IMG_8916.JPG

IMG_8915.JPG

some one has got to know this!!?
Who here can say for sure.
I think they want me to take a stab at it. :pain10:
yep I think it is a /6 k-frame :)

look like a body sb mounts to me, wih a spacer made from 3" C chanel and a piece of plate to make it a square. if the engine is not straight it is either too big of a spacer or too small the shumacker kit is the eazy way if youve got the cash to spend

The rubber is there. The guy had headers on there and banged the crapola out of them to make them fit on the passenger side, which is one more reason to believe the motor is all crooked.

Is there nobody with a slant 6 car out there?

I have ....er...had a slant 6 Duster, a '74, that I did the swap kit with to a 318. (See sig.) It seems to me the entire drivers side pearch is gone, making the swap kit useless.
My limited mind sez......new K-frame.

Yes, it looks like a /6 k-member with a spacer adapter. Make sure the engine is, indeed, crooked. If it is, then fix it with that spacer. Or, spend $150+ for conversion mounts, or buy a small block k-member and swap it in.

Trans-dapt sells a slant 6 to small block swap mount set for $50. Looks just like the Scumacher kit.

Are you sure? I thought the 340 ears are closer together on the drivers side which means the 340 mount would be small. I guess you put a longer bolt and some washers to make it reach the ear right?

And the passenger side has the ear holes in the opposite configuration, right? Will the 340 mount still work?

-
Back